Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 06 pony with the 4.0 and have put the jet perf. module and the K-N CAI on and keep getting the Check engine light. Code comes up as lean left and right bank, Ive checked the hoses and pcv lines and haven't found anything loose. Does anyone have a suggestion. PS new pics to come 90 has been sold 06 is in the driveway

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
the module is not going to do what a custom tune will. running lean is not good for your motor. you could have got a qaulity cai, sct tuner and 3 custom tune package that would have rocked for about 500. you would have been way better off in the long run :so i`d take that stuff off for now rather than ruin the motor. or take the cai off and see what the module does. or try to off that stuff and get the combo package.

·
Registered
263 Posts
+1 on what Amustangrocks said.You'll be better off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can a person recomend the tuner and maybe a place to start looking for one. A part # would be great then I can do the footwork from there???

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Can a person recomend the tuner and maybe a place to start looking for one. A part # would be great then I can do the footwork from there???
heres the catch.( imo) you can get a sctsf tuner about anywhere( american muscle, moss muscle ect) for 379.00 with some canned tunes that arent that great( like one size fits all, or like the module) but you could order custom tunes for it that go for around 50.00 each or a deal like 3 for100 or 125.00, or you could get the sctx3 for the same price that will just hold 3 custom tunes.either tuner is very cool. now there is about 500. for that kinda money, you can get the jlt cai which is one of the top performing cai`s that requires a tune to run it, and which with the tunes will give you the best performance,economy and h.p. for like free if you wait and get the combo. you could go more expensive on the cai, but that combo works well on the v6. good bang for the buck. call chris rose at tillman speed. 610-497-5776 and get a quote

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Thanks for the recomendation, Chis was a great help sctx3 on the way. I will let you know what I think!
cool. chris is a good guy to deal with. the good part about the sct handheld is that alot of tunists use sct. with the tuner, if you make some changes to your car, chris can do some simple upgrades to the tunes, or you can allways order a tune from anywhere else and load it up. make sure you get chris to email the tunes he loads onto the tuner so you will have them to put back on the tuner should you try something different and want to return to what you had. did you stay with the k&n of get the combo?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.