Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a post on here about the screamin demon coil instead i went with one from Granatelli Motorsports and their wires I could not be happier here is what i posted on another mustang forum.

Milage is close to 2 mpg best car got before was 26 now is 27 to 28 last two tanks and still has been below 40 each morn when i Leave. This is combination city and highway and is almost all hills from home to work is a drop of 1500 ft. trip is 40 miles one way and when i take my Mountaineer I get 14 to 15 mpg. Live in the mountains work in a valley. as far as pick up goes when i tested back in the winter I lowered my 0 to 60mph time by more than a tenth of a second but as i said then i was having traction problems that i had not had before. (might have been cold sand etc) I 'll check it again over spring break when i wont have as much of a chance of wacking a deer. Going by seat of the pants car is more fun step on it and it goes.

Ok spring must finally be here as the county cleaned the sand off the road today, so I did a few 0-60mph runs. With the Granatelli coil and wires the car is .70 seconds QUICKER!!! than when I tested before putting the coil and wires on in dec. Car still is putting the tire up in smoke in 1st gear.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
good deal. those are about the same gains as the demon. i`m sure there are some other brands floating around that will give the same performance too. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
558 Posts
glad you liked em!!!:bigthumbsup and people say they dont do anything:hihi:

·
Registered
393 Posts
48prerunner, do you have alike to the Granatelli coil and wires that you used?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had a post on here about the screamin demon coil instead i went with one from Granatelli Motorsports and their wires I could not be happier here is what i posted on another mustang forum.

Milage is close to 2 mpg best car got before was 26 now is 27 to 28 last two tanks and still has been below 40 each morn when i Leave. This is combination city and highway and is almost all hills from home to work is a drop of 1500 ft. trip is 40 miles one way and when i take my Mountaineer I get 14 to 15 mpg. Live in the mountains work in a valley. as far as pick up goes when i tested back in the winter I lowered my 0 to 60mph time by more than a tenth of a second but as i said then i was having traction problems that i had not had before. (might have been cold sand etc) I 'll check it again over spring break when i wont have as much of a chance of wacking a deer. Going by seat of the pants car is more fun step on it and it goes.

Ok spring must finally be here as the county cleaned the sand off the road today, so I did a few 0-60mph runs. With the Granatelli coil and wires the car is .70 seconds QUICKER!!! than when I tested before putting the coil and wires on in dec. Car still is putting the tire up in smoke in 1st gear.

hi there! i have a cai and 93 race tunes from bamachips, if i add this coils would this mess up the custom tunes? would it benefit more if i do this upgrade> thanks..

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi there! i have a cai and 93 race tunes from bamachips, if i add this coils would this mess up the custom tunes? would it benefit more if i do this upgrade> thanks..
Somebody asked Granatelli this.
Quote from Thuxl

I purchased one of these also.
I really like the way my car responds.
I have a question though.
I have a Bama tune.
Do I need to have the tune changed with the new coil?

Ok here is a quote from Granatelli
The wires do not require a re-tune

First Mod Motor Mustang to 180mph and 190mph at NMRA Legal weight, Held record for fastest and quickest Mod Motor Mustang at 6.93 @201.42 from 6/2001 to 6/2007, recognized leaders in Mustang Suspension components for 1979 to 2010 Vehicles, www.granatellimotorsports.com . Take a tour of GMS GMS TV : Granatelli Motor Sports Shop Tour

that should give you a link too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.