1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hopefully some others will chime in as I am trying to decide between the same exact setup. I have also thought about doing the FR3 Handling pack from Ford Racing. The problem with this setup is I would have to remove my engine cover for the strut tower brace to work.

I personally want good handling and don't mind the ride being a little stiffer. As it stands now, my 07GT feels like it has some Cadillac tendencies and floats through corners. I DO NOT like this.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, I hate that too man!

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's going to be a little while before I can afford the setup, but I was thinking about the Tokico/Eibach setup you mentioned earlier. I've talked to a few people who love it and seen videos that show just how flat the car stays through turns with the race setting. On the other hand I haven't seen anyone with the coilover setup like that.

But, like I said, it will be a little while for me. I'll just have to suffer through the wishy washy turning.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
No, you won't notice any differance; all other facters being equal.

Coil overs have a couple of small advantages: They are a smaller package, to easy to use on modified suspensions and very large tires. They are easy to change. You can swap springs and shocks at the track with nothing but a pair of wrenches.

On some set ups, there me even be a little less unsprung weight. Unless you're running on the ragged edge on the track, you won't notice that, either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.