Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,885 Posts
no I have not; and general consensus seems to be: no, they are not . . . the standard OEM COP's (coil-on-plug) do everything that needs to be done; nothing to be gained by "better" ones, except maybe in extreme supercharged applications

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
I agree wit ^^^^^^^^ Everything else other than oem is just PR documents for the "Sticker Crowd"!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
752 Posts
I "upgraded" to a set of Granatelli Hot Street coil packs when I first bought the ole nag back in '06. I bought in to the hype of "better gas mileage and more HP". Neither of which happened as best I could tell. I had a few fail over the years and they were replaced under the life time warranty. The last warranty claim was for 3 of them, so they sent me a whole new set. I ran them until 2 years ago. I put the stock coils back on after another one failed. Got it replaced and shelved them.

Reactions: JBert and crjackson

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I had plug and coil issues on my 2005 3V and got the MSD coils. I haven't had any problems with them but I've heard other people say they have. I put on about 12k miles or so with them. At least they look pretty lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts