Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you know where i can buy an inexpensive cold air intake for a 1996 mustang v-6 3.8 liter?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
do you know where i can buy an inexpensive cold air intake for a 1996 mustang v-6 3.8 liter?

thanks in advance

Save your $ and just pick up a K&N drop in. The difference is 2 hp.

Nothing on the intake side is going to help much unless you do a 99-00 head swap or port your heads and intake. Your cam is already hotter than the 99-04s, but your engine can't support much more flow than it already has.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking for side scoop for 1996 mustang

my brother was going to meet us in my mustang for our trip back to la and on our way back, the driver side scoop flew off the side of the car and was never seen again. where would be the best place to get a new one? i don't think i can just replace the one that was lost, might have to replace both? and what about matching the paint scheme?
any ideas? i'm not that savvy on mustang stuff, i just drive one :nogrinner

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
my brother was going to meet us in my mustang for our trip back to la and on our way back, the driver side scoop flew off the side of the car and was never seen again. where would be the best place to get a new one? i don't think i can just replace the one that was lost, might have to replace both? and what about matching the paint scheme?
any ideas? i'm not that savvy on mustang stuff, i just drive one :nogrinner
Salvage yard - doesn't necessarily have to match - some folks use them to contrast - silver scoops on a white or black car - black on red/blue . . ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.