Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner of my 1994 GT removed the air filter box and just put a K&N air filter in it's place, I want to buy a CAI and I would like to know the difference between the $100.00 one and the $300.00 when they appear to look the same, what makes one better than another? I'm new to this so please be patient with me. Thanks Doug

·
Registered
704 Posts
the brand name is the only difference...i bought the 70 dollars cai on americanmuscle.com and it worked fine and looks great!

·
Registered
218 Posts
not much difference performance wise but you do wanna get something thats gonna last ....id say stick with a name brand and for the most pert you get what you paid for

·
Registered
412 Posts
I would go with a fenderwell style if possible. It will get cooler air in the fenderwell and stay alittle cleaner. BBK makes a nice rig for about $179.00. Check e-bay and other places. Just my 02.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Can you do something for me? Im wondering if there really is a difference. What filter do you run now, K&N in the stock box? Thats what I run. If so, do a performance test and let me know how the CAI fender one performs in comparison to the stock box. I was wondering if its worth it to find a fender location system over my stock box system. I bet there really is a very slim difference. :scratchchin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.