Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 converatble V6. I installed a cold air intake and now my check engine light comes on. I can't pass inspection because of the light. Anybody have any fixes for this, other than putting the stock intake back on to pass.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was looking into buying a Cold Air Intake for my Mustang. Almost everyone I found out there required a tune. I know they sell some that say they don't, but in my opinion if the Cold Air Intake is actually putting more air into the engine, which is what it is suppose to do, it is going to affect your Air / Fuel Ratio. If someone knows why some of these Intakes do not require a tune I would like to why.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Some do not require a tune because the diameter of the inlet elbow is close enough to the stock size that a tune is not required.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Some do not require a tune because the diameter of the inlet elbow is close enough to the stock size that a tune is not required.
Even if the diameter of the inlet doesn't change, the cooler air is more dense than the warmer air. In my mind this implies that even though the volume of air entering the engine isn't changing, the amount of oxygen is. If no tune is required doesn't that mean that the Intake is operating near stock specs?

·
Registered
312 Posts
with out a doubt most CAI's will turn on that light. The only way to shut it off is to have it retuned to accept the intake or have the dealer re-calibrate it.

it's really not a big deal your better off for having it.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Even if the diameter of the inlet doesn't change, the cooler air is more dense than the warmer air. In my mind this implies that even though the volume of air entering the engine isn't changing, the amount of oxygen is. If no tune is required doesn't that mean that the Intake is operating near stock specs?
yepper, that would be a cai appearance intake :gringreen ( w/engine light included)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.