Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have another question:shop out here told me that it was a bad idea to get a cold air intake because our street floods when it rains sometimes, it doesnt really very often but when it does our strret tend to flood...am i going to have a lot of problems with it in the rain?

·
Registered
225 Posts
whats your car and where is it going to be mounted?

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
people run them every day
now if you got 3 feet of water
bad idea
if not good idea

teh filter may get wet.

but thats in the design. the top will stay dry.

water goes in to your engine anyways, int he form of air moisture. but dont go puddle jumping

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whats your car and where is it going to be mounted?
I have a 2000 mustang gt
its goin in the fenderwell..
like a said it rarely rains here...i live in a desert..but our streets tend to flood quite a bit, i know injen makes a water shild for intakes but it does restrict some air...im not goin to take my car out in a flood but i just wanted to know that i could still drive in the rain

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
mines a DD in the rain and it wont bother nothing

do it :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
CAI & Rain

I had a similar concern about daily driving in the rain, after reading a few threads about water ingestion and bent piston rods :happyhapp. Originally my filter was positioned deep in the fender well of my 96GT; the tube routed into the fender it dropped down vertiaclly so the element was forward of the front spindle. What I did was trim the tube so now the filter element is higher in the fender well. It sits just outside the engine bay - hopefully it can still get cooler air there and I am less nervous about water spray on a wet Florida day.

·
Registered
230 Posts
My intake goes all the way down by my right front tire in the fender and and almost sticks out from the bottom of the car its so low. One time i was on the highway in a INSANE downpour, one that only happens like once a year and i hit a puddle in the right lane and my car stalled on the highway cuz i got some water in there....after a few mins of cranking and cleanin **** out it came back to life pretty easy but as long as you watch BIG puddles youll be fine....everyday rain is no big deal at all.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Have you considered a RAI?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you considered a RAI?
yeah i have but i like the look of the jlt cold air intake....i've been wanting one for a long time and from what i have read there arent many diferrences in performance so i figure ill go with the one i think looks best....

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
yeah i have but i like the look of the jlt cold air intake....i've been wanting one for a long time and from what i have read there arent many diferrences in performance so i figure ill go with the one i think looks best....
They are very nice CAI's, can't go wrong with them. Sounds like you made your decision:bigthumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.