Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my GT, and the first thing I want to do is put a cold air kit on it. Any one have a recommendations?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Just got my GT, and the first thing I want to do is put a cold air kit on it. Any one have a recommendations?
Im going with the Airaid from American Muscle, Chris said it produced the most torque out off all the cai's :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've heard claims of the JLT making the most power of all, and its fancy carbon fiber, woo!

badass!

·
Registered
568 Posts
All depends if you want a tune or not. Only no tune is the Airaid with the insert and C&L.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
CAI only has shown very minimal gains. Best is going to be CAI and tune. I would shoot for JLT.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I believe they make a black tube as well. And whats wrong with carbon fiber? the pics dont do it justice, it looks AMAZING!
Theres nothing wrong with it :bigthumbsup. I would have to do the rest of the kit that goes under the hood though. I plan on wrapping my intake tube anyway with exhaust wrap just like i did on my intake for my old gti. Keeps that pipe from getting super hot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks

I kind of like the Carbon look under the hood. I was also looking at the Steeda product. They have a great reputation, but use a different octane for their base line. Kind of deceptive. I will let you know how the JLT works.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JLT vs Airaid

I was reading the web sites, and it seems that American Muscle said that the Airaide and the tune give the best mid-range torque, which for the street is the best way to go. I like the JLT design better though. Decisions, decisions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.