Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey KJ I also noticed that when I cold start my 05 stang it feels more willing both in power and sound were you ever able to tune that willingness into your car?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I love that cold engine power....I hope it's not bad for it, but it sure is fun and jumpier

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love your sig blacksunshine

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Yea, I'll have it! LOL, not! It should be close to that with the cooled Vortech... it really performs cold! It's how it should be all the time! You'll get closer with a good cool intake, see Tunable Induktions posts on here... or www.tunableinduktions.com ... :happyhapp

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
GT Express said:
Hey KJ I also noticed that when I cold start my 05 stang it feels more willing both in power and sound were you ever able to tune that willingness into your car?
For every ten degrees cooler the air entering your engine = 1% horsepower gain. So I've heard.

·
Registered
404 Posts
5twenty said:
For every ten degrees cooler the air entering your engine = 1% horsepower gain. So I've heard.
I kinda think its more due to EFI- no choke per-se, so they gotta richen it up a bunch when cold- try with a/c on see if that gives even more boost...my 85 camaro with its tiny 2.8 v6 would freely spin the tires on a cool morning with a/c on(a/c clutch disengages at full throttle, but gm apparently forgot that in 85) a/c further richens to smooth especially when cold(at least ob a 20 yr old gm) as soon as the heater in the camaro BARELY started to blow warm it fell flat on its face, like somebody flipped a switch off- I'm talking a HUGE difference in output too, not a few percent...like a v8 vs v6 difference.

hard on a cold motor- yes I'm sure, but still very tempting...

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
ford4v429 said:
I kinda think its more due to EFI- no choke per-se, so they gotta richen it up a bunch when cold
You're probably right, ford4v429. But even with a warm engine I really notice the difference when driving below 40 degrees. Last night it was mid 30's around here and I went for a drive a noticed how extra peppy the Stang felt. I could feel the extra horses from the cold air. Let's say my GT has 275 HP at 75 degrees, just for argument. If the 10 degrees = 1% HP gain formula is true then last night when it was 35 degrees outside I had a 4% HP gain or 11 HP. For free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts