Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up the car the dash was pink during the day but it kept flickering between that and white. Since that first day it won't go colored until it gets dark out and the headlights come on. Is there a way to keep the lights pink all day??? (or any color for you men out there:hihi:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
before I am asked I changed all 3 My color settings to the same color just in case. I don't know what this does for me but just saying. Maybe I need to read the manual on this?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
it uses the sensor on the top/middle of the dash, if you have your lights on in the middle of the day, the dash lights will stay white until its dark enough out for the sensor. Id imagine the only option youd have is to cover the dash mounted sensor

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I was under the impression that it used the sensor on the back of the rear view mirror. Either way, you have to cover the sensor in order for the color lights to stay on. You can use a small piece of electrical tape. Probably the cheapest modification you can do. LOL

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
^^nah, if you cover the dash mounted sensor with your hand the dash lights change

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was under the impression that it used the sensor on the back of the rear view mirror. Either way, you have to cover the sensor in order for the color lights to stay on. You can use a small piece of electrical tape. Probably the cheapest modification you can do. LOL
I carefully cut some black electrical tape to cover the sensor on the dash. You cant even tell its there and now I have the colored lights 24 hours a day. It took all of 15 minutes and 10 of that was me cutting and recutting the tape to make it perfect. Or you could just throw a ball cap up on the dash.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I carefully cut some black electrical tape to cover the sensor on the dash. You cant even tell its there and now I have the colored lights 24 hours a day. It took all of 15 minutes and 10 of that was me cutting and recutting the tape to make it perfect. Or you could just throw a ball cap up on the dash.
It'd have to be one sticky ball cap to stay on my dash.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
^^nah, if you cover the dash mounted sensor with your hand the dash lights change
LOL. Then drive with one hand covering the sensor? Sorry, couldn't resist.:wavey

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
LOL. Then drive with one hand covering the sensor? Sorry, couldn't resist.:wavey
lol hey it would be viable in an auto :hihi: but seriously I was just using that to explain where the sensor is located

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
lol hey it would be viable in an auto :hihi: but seriously I was just using that to explain where the sensor is located
I knew exactly what you meant...I was just bustin a bit. :smoke:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys!! I will MOD that this week!! I love cheap mods!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts