Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have comp 127300 cams and im looking into superchargers. The KB 2.6 stage one is the one im pretty decided on. How easy is it to tune with these cams since they aren't blower grind? Or would i be better off throwing the stock ones back on? Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,250 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome sounds like i will stick with the 127300's. Thanks for the help.
 

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
Joined
·
9,239 Posts
I have comp 127300 cams and im looking into superchargers. The KB 2.6 stage one is the one im pretty decided on. How easy is it to tune with these cams since they aren't blower grind? Or would i be better off throwing the stock ones back on? Thanks
Oh, I can tell you all about this.:bigthumbsup

What are your HP goals?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bottom end on my car is stock right now. So im trying to keep the hp down for now. I do have plans of building the bottom end later on though.
 

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
Joined
·
9,239 Posts
The bottom end on my car is stock right now. So im trying to keep the hp down for now. I do have plans of building the bottom end later on though.
Well, if you plan on building the motor and going over 600rwhp (crazy town type power) I strongly recommend getting the 2.8H Mammoth.

Keep in mind going over 600rwhp gets expensive real fast though. The motor is the cheap part. My fuel system alone has more than $2750 in it!

I actually don’t recommend building the motor and going over 450hp…….ever. If you want to keep it as a fun daily driver. As soon as you crack the “seal” on going with big power you drive the car less and less. About 75% of the time I wish I stayed at 450hp. The other 25% of the time I am thinking of getting a GT500 for a DD and keeping the “race car” a race car.

So, if you stay at 450 I suggest getting a Whipple. It’s a better blower for that type of power.

If you want to go over 450hp but not over 600hp the 2.6L KB is plenty.

If you end up going over 600rwhp the 2.8H Mammoth is the way to go.

And in any of the above situation the cams you have are a fantastic addition to the package. They are good from 450-775hp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im pretty sure im going to stay in the 450-600 range. The help is really appreciated.
 

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
Joined
·
9,239 Posts
Im pretty sure im going to stay in the 450-600 range. The help is really appreciated.
Then I suggest the 2.3L Whipple. Fantastic kit.:bigthumbsup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,249 Posts
I actually don’t recommend building the motor and going over 450hp…….ever. If you want to keep it as a fun daily driver. As soon as you crack the “seal” on going with big power you drive the car less and less. About 75% of the time I wish I stayed at 450hp. The other 25% of the time I am thinking of getting a GT500 for a DD and keeping the “race car” a race car.
Sound advice based upon experience. Most folk that want 500-600 rear wheel, have not got a clue what they will be doing to their nice user-friendly mustang. More hp on the street or strip for that matter does not necessarily = faster. Many of the fastest driven cars on the street, are the slowest at the dragstrip and many low ET stangs (and not 1 hit wonders) make for horrible street cars.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top