Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got into a friendly debate with a friend the other day "hypothetically" comparing the performance of the new 2012 Boss against the performance of a high-end restomod (e.g. Ring Brother's type car - 1966 Mustang Fastback called "Bail Out" - link to car below). Obviously, there are other high-end restomods out there, but this car was recently featured so we were using it for this particular comparison.

Ringbrothers: Bail Out

Any thoughts on how these two cars would compare from a performance standpoint (i.e. 0-60, quarter mile, handling, track characteristics, etc.)? Could a 100k+ restomod keep up with, or even out perform, Ford's latest technology? If you had to win a 50 lap race at Miller Motorsports in Utah, or perhaps Virginia International Raceway, which of these two cars would you choose?

We had lots of fun debating this one, so I'm really curious what others think.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Man I wish I could build stuff that looks like that "Bail Out" Mustang.

Here is what I think Ford has to build to a price and to the widest demographic that is possible. Therefore they compromise more than a custom builder of the restomod would have to. Once you add the full cage the advantage of the modern monocoque frame is greatly reduced if not eliminated altogether. Then with the restomod the suspension is more focused to the intended use rather than being compromised for the broader use desired by sales. Since any engine package is available to the restomod and again can be custom tailored to the restomod intended use It has the advantage. For over all year round use and longevity the new Ford has the the advantage for a singular performance test the restomod.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.