Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys. I have been a member of this site for a while but haven't really posted a whole lot. I have a 1993 Notchback LX that was a 4 banger automatic originally. I have since put a 302 with a 5 speed in it. Sadly it still has the 7.5" rear end in it. However, my friend just wrecked her SN95 and gave it to me! I was wondering of anyone else has used any parts from the SN95 on the foxbodies and if so what should I grab off of it before taking it to the scrapyard? And all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!:)

·
Registered
250 Posts
If your friend's SN95 is a 5.0 from 94-95 you can pretty much throw in the entire drivetrain (engine, trans, rear end) without too much trouble as the 93 5.0 and the 94-95 5.0 are basically the same engine. However I think the drive shaft is a different length so it won't line up there and you may need a custom one made.
Other things like seats , brakes, wheels etc. can be swapped over with some minor modding, but not a whole lot can simple bolt on to the older body style, especially if it is a 99-04 SN95, there is even more things different on those from the foxbody's.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 1995 5.0. Really the rear end is about the only thing i really want however I believe I heard that you can use parts from the 1995 to make a 5 lug swap. Does anyone have any experience with that?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also was wondering if I would benefit from using anything from the engine like the heads or anything like that. Anything used from the motor though needs to be gone through as it has well over 230k on it

·
Registered
575 Posts
you need the axles, spindles, rims if you can save em, and all brake componets. its a common swap. i don't think you would benefit from anything on the motor, but if i'm wrong someone will correct me.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The rear axle for the SN95 are wider the the fox.Not the housing its self but the axles are slightly longer.As far as the trans goes.The bellhousing is specific to the 94-95 as the t-5 input shaft is longer.Engine wise the 94-95 have a slightly higher factory HP rating but it isn't much.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
I believe I heard that you can use parts from the 1995 to make a 5 lug swap. Does anyone have any experience with that?
Heck yes! That is an excellent idea. :yup: There are plenty of people here who have done a 5-lug conversion using SN95 parts (the better way to do it).
Of course I'm not one of these. :smoke:

Is your fox fuel injected or carbed?

·
Banned
480 Posts
Hye if you want a little more reading about sn95 brake and 5lug swaps, I've been working on a guide for it.
http://www.fiveohinfo.com/performance/foxbody5lug-discbrake.html
In short, swap over the entire SN95 rear end (8.8). You'll need to adapt the stock brake lines on the fox so that they reach the SN95 caliper, a larger master cylinder and maybe brake booster, but other than that, plug and play.

For the front, you just need the complete spindle assembly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heck yes! That is an excellent idea. :yup: There are plenty of people here who have done a 5-lug conversion using SN95 parts (the better way to do it).
Of course I'm not one of these. :smoke:

Is your fox fuel injected or carbed?

The motor in my car is out of an 86 that I converted to carb. I appreciate all the information. I will be gathering everything I need to do this over the next couple of weeks.
About the brake booster, would i be able to use the one off the SN95 or would it be a better idea to get a new one or performance (if they even exist)?

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Well, if the spirit moved you, you could convert to an EFI setup...

Nice wheels! If you do the 5-lug conversion those wheels look excellent on a fox. Imho, or course. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought those wheels would look pretty cool on a fox too really. I have thought about the efi swap. My guess is that job is a real pain though! I may take everything necessary off the 95 and stow it away for a rainy day though. Keep in mind this is a daily driver :smilie

Don't know if I already posted one before but below is a picture of my car as of a couple of weeks ago. Nothing has changed haha!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Well, the first place that wheel design was seen was the '93 Cobra R. :yup: See attached. Your car looks like a very solid example, but I think a 5-lug conversion, 4-wheel discs, and 17 in. wheels will do wonders. Both for looks are performance.

I would do the EFI swap... But I'm an EFI type. Some guys are happier with a carb.

Attachments

·
Banned
480 Posts
I second EFI :) I too am partial to it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
If you want to part out the car and sell someone those side skirts I might be a buyer :bigthumbsup Although you live about 20 hours away from me. Wonder if you could fit them in one of those "If it fits, it ships" boxes....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you want to part out the car and sell someone those side skirts I might be a buyer :bigthumbsup Although you live about 20 hours away from me. Wonder if you could fit them in one of those "If it fits, it ships" boxes....
Well we would have to see about that. For some reason I kind of doubt that would work!

Ya know really I am not partial to Carb or EFI. I think it would run smoother and have less maintenance with EFI but I'm not positive that I would be smart enough to make that happen. I'll stay with the carb for now. This car has amazing paint for being original. The interior is complete with minimul fading as well. I got lucky. It was my grandmas car. She took good care of it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well guys guess what? About 2 days after this thread was created I flipped the 93 :( Horrible luck right?!?! Now looking to sell them both. Anybody in the area interested let me know. I'm tired of looking at them!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh my lord, I hope you're ok. How bad is the SN95 car? I only saw one angle of it but it might be fixable. Sorry to hear you flipped the Fox. What the hell happened, if you don't mind me asking? Try to strip everything you possibly can off of both cars. Lots of Craigslist postings will sell that stuff fast. I would search for threads in here and other sites to see what you have to keep from the SN95 car to do a complete 5 lug swap and at least keep those parts for your next stang. Huge bonus having the parts. People want those all the time.

Jerry

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Funny story lol. Since the Fox still had the 4 cylinder rear end in it I could start off on a hill in second gear. So I did. All was well until I hit a patc of gravel and the wheels started spinning/ Fishtailed right into a ditch. Since it was on a hill it just rolled right over. Onto its wheels. Drove it right home. I considered keeping them and finding another shell but ultimately decided to rebuild my old Dodge Dakota. Working on selling the Mustangs. I am sad to leave the Mustang community though! :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts