Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have been set on these 4.10's for a while and ford said install would be $375 so i want to get a complete everything i need package can i get a link please. I just want to pay them the 375 i want to get this done so it will hold be off untill the sc next year possibly.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got a tuner just need everything needed to install the gears included or two seperate i guess. i dont know what i need

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so if i go with the installation kit thats all i need.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow i finall oredered it feels good im going to feel the diff from 3.31 gears to 4.10's! So whats the break in period and do you have to wait a whole 500 miles before you get on it cant you do it once or twice before then.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
wow i finall oredered it feels good im going to feel the diff from 3.31 gears to 4.10's! So whats the break in period and do you have to wait a whole 500 miles before you get on it cant you do it once or twice before then.
It's very important to get in two good heat-cool cycles on the new gears.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm still very new to all this...the 4.10s seem very popular. What kind of changes would one see with the car after an install?

·
Registered
633 Posts
i have frp 410 gears on my 06 gt auto.it is going to be like you got a new car the one you probally tought you where geting in the first place.it will pull hard all the time from strart all the way to 150+ just give it a little mash of the gas and all the power you want is there at any time.the only thing that sucks is when you need to drive it on the highway at 80 mph+ for a long period of time say good bye to your gas you will be running close to on stock tires 3k rpm at 80+ mph.but that is the only bad thing at all.it is almost like adding f/i to these autos when you put gears in these without gears they have horrable lag but not with the gears you will need to strart saving for new back tires:bigthumbsup.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You'll have considerably better off-the-line performance and an instant feeling of torque.
nice...i bet getting a cai with a tune and adding a 4.10 package would be a pretty awesome combo

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so what are the two heat cool cycles and i i do those can i get on it a couple times and just keep breaking it in for like 3000 miles before i drive hard all the time?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
to the OP, some one correct me if im wrong but if you plan on getting an SC next summer, arent 4.10's to steep?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
so what are the two heat cool cycles and i i do those can i get on it a couple times and just keep breaking it in for like 3000 miles before i drive hard all the time?
its actually 500 miles of easy driving as long as its not all at once (i.e. a 500 mile highway roadtrip)

·
Registered
61 Posts
You know what ive always wondered. People say that 4.10s are too steep for FI and 373s are better. But if you have 20's wouldnt 4.10s be smart because of the rotational mass?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.