Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an all 100 % oringinal 87 t-top 5.0 mustang with low miles and is the same as it was when it rolled off the show room floor AND am the original owner. in everyones opinion, what am i looking at for what my baby is worth? its sat in a garage for 20 + years and im kinda curious now. i had someone recent tell me i could get over $20,000 for it but im not really sure about that, but then again i dont know. anyone have any opinions?

·
Registered
304 Posts
how low of mileage, auto or manual.

regardless or both my questions 20,000 is definitely more than it is worth. MAYBE 8-10 if it is pristine inside and out, a friend of mine had a 100% real 93 cobra edition with low miles etc he wanted 12, had it listed for over a year and kept having to lower the price wound up selling it for 6500. what a shame!

i didnt go to kelly bluebook or anything when i gave you the numbers, they were just a guess but i know 20 is way too much. there are too many foxes around is the 25-5000 dollar range for someone to spend more than that.

when im done with my car ill have around 11 thousand under my hood and will not be able to get close to that if i sold it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bought my 87 GT Cobra T-Top for $4000. It was in a slight fender bender 3 months after it was bought but the fender, hood, and bumper wer replaced and the car re-painted but the front end faded in the sun. It had 133,XXX km on it. My buddy bougt his 88 LX T-Top for $2500 with 26X,XXX km on it and a little faded, but oversized drive shaft and just minor differences because it was pretty much custom ordered and a little faded. Hope this helps as $20,000 is a little steep, there are a few up here in Canada going for, like suggested above, $10,000. I've seen many go for more, however they are still for sale.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Don't go by Kelly Blue Book, that's the LOW figure. If you can, get it appraised at Kelly Red Book figures. Blue Book is what a dealer will buy it for, Red Book is what they'll sell for. Don't expect $20000 though, everyone will try to talk you into practically giving it to them... no one wants to pay for anything nowadays. The thing didn't cost $20000 new, so you won't get that plus they're not rare enough for the value to skyrocket yet.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Id say hold on to her and baby her for a few more years and then look at what it may be worth. These days 20K is hard to get for a beautiful classic. And with all the hot headed high schoolers buying 5.0s left and right and running the s### out of them you should see the rarity go up in the near future. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Well dealers use the black book and unfortunately that car is not a collector's item. You can ask what you want for it but getting what you want for it is another thing all together.

·
Registered
154 Posts
this was part of the dilemma that I had when I finally decided to go forward and build my car. People kept saying "Oh yeah - your car is gonna be worth a whole bunch" mmmmmm -- whats a "whole bunch?" Ok ..... so say I did sell it and got $2000 more for it than what I paid .... so what? I'd be kickin my self in the rear for the next 20 years for selling "my baby" It's my toy and I'm keeping it!

·
Registered
781 Posts
If it is what you say it is, all original showroom conditon, $8-9K is realistic, but like people were saying in this ecomony your going to have to sit on it....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts