Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:kooky:
I know that this has been covered before, how much compression will stock PI heads with '93 style 4v pistons get me?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have no IDEA however here is a bump for ya

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I'm confused on what pistons you're referring to. In '93 the 5.0L motor was still being put in the GT's and there was not a 4 valve motor made in the 5.0 size.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:happyhapp
The lincoln continental had a 4v in late '93 to early '94. These are the style of pistions that I have aquired. These have almost no dish. Less that the '96-'98 GT pistons.
:cool:
Thanks for the bump.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Hmmm, that's a good question then. I've never heard of anyone using those pistons in a GT motor though. Your best bet is going to be having an experienced engine builder figure that one out. You should be able to find one and just ask them what to expect.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

:dunce:
Thanks, I just remember reading about it somewhere. Guess my memory is failing. If I remember correctly it will give like 11.3 to 1 or something similar.
:eyebulge:
The search for power continues............

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Not sure what your after but a 11:3 comp. ratio won't run on pump gas to good.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
yeah, you'd have to run premium gas on that compression ratio. Even then on hot summer days you may have to add some octane booster.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
dollarbill said:
Not sure what your after but a 11:3 comp. ratio won't run on pump gas to good.
There are factory 4 bangers with that kind of compression ratio and they run fine on premuim. It's all in the tune.

PI heads with 96-98 GT pistons gives you about a 10.5:1 compression so I would say 11:1 or higher.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.