Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 88 mustang 5.0, i want to do away with the speed density system. i happened upon a wrecked 93 5.0 and grabbed the ecu and mass air meter out of it, and the wiring kit is in the mail. question: the ecu is marked c3w, will it work in my car? the donor car was automatic and my car is standard. ive read alot of threads on a9l and a9p ecu's but havent heard much of this c3w. your help is much appreciated!

R

·
0 Posts
C3W computer is a 1993 AOD computer

pretty much the the same as the A9P

you have a 99% chance it will work fine for you.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha, its that 1% that scares me! what kind of issues could i encounter? (other than the typical auto comp in a manual car engine code issues?) the pin positions on the ecu will be the same as the more common maf ecu's wont they?

·
Registered
193 Posts
The one thing you will notice is there will be a lag time in deacceleration from highway speeds. If you push in the clutch the RPM will stay around 1500 rpm for a couple of seconds

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
i have an auto computer in my 5spd(A9M)--came that way from the factory
ive never heard of any "auto computer in a manual car code"
i dont have any deceleration/hanging idle problems either

all the mass air EEC's are pinned the same from 89-93

most times the timing curve programmed in the auto EEC's is a little more aggressive than the manual computers

the 1% chance would be that the computer is toast..otherwise,you have nothing to worry about

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.