Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have a 1986 gt hatchback with a AOD and speed density. I want to convert it to mass air, i have all of the computer harness and computer, i got the stuff for free because my brother is doing a 04 cobra swap into a notchback. but my question is the computer was in a 5 speed car and will it work with my AOD, thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
There are differences in how the neutral switch circuits ground between the two transmissions. And the neutral switch goes through the computer. There is one swap scenario which can fry the computer, but I don't remember which one it is. Tmoss?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
It's probably a A9L computer, which is regarded as the best fox 5.0 processer. One transmission/computer combo grounds its neutral switch circuitry to the tranny housing - the other doesn't, and that's where the problem is. So you may or may not need to make an alteration to your neutral switch system/circuit.
I couldn't get the search function to pull it up for me, but there were two threads by ghostdog 5.0 which were about the EEC not outputting codes, between last November and January. That's where I heard about this.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.