Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a lot (for me) done tonight...completely stripped my 94 mustang of it's stereo/subs/amp, installed the deck in my new mustang, put an empty tray where to factory cd player was, and put everything else (subs and amp) where they're going to sit. I had to quit because it got dark, but i'm going to wire it all up tomorrow. Something I was wondering before I start...how do I run the red power cord from the battery to the inside of the car? I know how to connect it to the battery, and I know you have to run it through a hole somewhere (I know the general area) but when i took it out of my old car, I just kinda pulled it out from under the hood. Am I going to have to take any part of the dash apart to get it through smoothly? Thanks..

mark.

·
Registered
328 Posts
well probably you have it done now... since this post is going on 3 years old. but if other people are looking for this here's how me and a buddy did mine. we found a place where the wires run through the firewall. we drilled a hole (just smaller than the power wire through the wire protector (be very very carefull or u can f-up your car electrical) the i carefully feed the wire through and he retched through a hole under the drivers side dash and pulled it through. we tucked it under the kick Pannel and ran it under the plastic peice that holds down the carpet (it pops up) the we tucked it under the plastic post behind the driver and pushed it along the side of the back seat and just have it loose in the trunk (run it under the seat hinge to minimize damage. and BTW don't hook up the power till the wire is pulled.:bigthumbsup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.