Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Connector removal

3K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  harrison 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove this connector from the back of the front console? it connects to the a/c, vent selector switch on the right. I am trying to install a new radio.
Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Yeah, I know it's a zoom camera and haven't figured out how to do descent close ups.

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but it's worth a shot.
I have to get the control console off before I can get that part off.

#8 ·
The panel that has the climate controls on it is in front of the radio, there is not enough slack to move it out of the way so I can pull the radio out.

#10 ·
I can pull the panel out about an inch, I think I can get at those 4 mounting screws in your diagram out with a small hex wrench.

#13 ·
I noticed there is a "restraint control" module sitting under there. I wonder if that is what gets reprogramed via the recall :scratchchin

#19 ·
If it is what I am thinking of, there is a grey "lever" on that connector that you flip up (or was it down...) . If not, then removing the screws worked.... I had a hell of a time before I found that lever when I did my V6 stang.

I don't quite feel like replacing my door speakers and subs for my shaker 500. I had JL's in my 06 V6 and they are so sweet. I have the head, amps but need the speakers as they went with my 06. That was STUPID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.