Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...So I was out today in my 90 5.0 vert...It is s/c and was I nice day so I had the top back...So this older vette comes out of no where and on his way by me I guess put in the clutch and reved the engine real loud by my door...Ooooookk...So anyway I finally get next to him at a light, and he hit his brakes REAL hard to get stopped at the light with me as I was behind him...Like he should have totally gone through the light but made it a point to screetch to a hault...So anyway we are separated by a minivan with a guy and his kid in it who were looking at the vette and saying how cool it was and stuff (their window was open and talking loud)...Then they look over at me as I rev my car and you could hear the s/c whine real good...The kid says "are you gonna race?"...And I say "yeah I'm thinking about it"....Just then the vette pulls up a nose fast like and hits brakes, like ok i'm in...So I do the same...I brake boost the car and when the light turns green I chirp the tires and am gone...Unlike my last race my reaction time was awesome...So anyway as my boost starts building I look in my mirror and see the guy is so far behind me that it doesn't look like he's even trying to race...And keep in mind I am still dealing with a detonation problem so I have to be careful when I try to make power I wasn't flooring it or anything...Well I certainly don't think I beat him this bad as a later 70's vette wasn't real fast but would do much more than that...So I am thinking as soon as he knew I was out there and he was going to get beat he just let off, probably a second or two after the light was green...OR he just is a POS ***** who acted like he wanted to do it just to NOT do it when I did...Either way it pisses me off, so I don't guess I can count this one huh????

Jason

·
Registered
55 Posts
i wouldnt count it but i bet the guy in the vette was going to race before he herd your s/c :laughlitt just remember pu**y comes in all shapes and sizes

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Those late '70s Vettes don't stand a chance against a healthy n/a 5.0 Stang. I knocked off a '77 or so. That's the one time I wish I'd been running for pink slips...:drool:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
meangreen92 said:
Those late '70s Vettes don't stand a chance against a healthy n/a 5.0 Stang. I knocked off a '77 or so. That's the one time I wish I'd been running for pink slips...:drool:
Most Vettes from 74-84 were pretty much the slowest vettes made, Well the first gen cars were only 6 bangers, but you dont see that many of those. I think its not until 92 when the LT1 showed up that they held their own ground. The nice thing about vettes is the aerodynamics of the car, very sleek and low drag. They make good high speed cars and thats why you see a lot of them in the open road races. I know someone who purchased a 92 vette for 8K, and had a 383 stroker LT4 crate with reduced compression to 8:1, and had it turbocharged by a local tuner and dyno tuned. He spent a total of 25K including the price of the car on all his mods and this car does 9s-low 10s in the 1/4. pretty impressive.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
cfiiman said:
Hey all...So I was out today in my 90 5.0 vert...It is s/c and was I nice day so I had the top back...So this older vette comes out of no where and on his way by me I guess put in the clutch and reved the engine real loud by my door...Ooooookk...So anyway I finally get next to him at a light, and he hit his brakes REAL hard to get stopped at the light with me as I was behind him...Like he should have totally gone through the light but made it a point to screetch to a hault...So anyway we are separated by a minivan with a guy and his kid in it who were looking at the vette and saying how cool it was and stuff (their window was open and talking loud)...Then they look over at me as I rev my car and you could hear the s/c whine real good...The kid says "are you gonna race?"...And I say "yeah I'm thinking about it"....Just then the vette pulls up a nose fast like and hits brakes, like ok i'm in...So I do the same...I brake boost the car and when the light turns green I chirp the tires and am gone...Unlike my last race my reaction time was awesome...So anyway as my boost starts building I look in my mirror and see the guy is so far behind me that it doesn't look like he's even trying to race...And keep in mind I am still dealing with a detonation problem so I have to be careful when I try to make power I wasn't flooring it or anything...Well I certainly don't think I beat him this bad as a later 70's vette wasn't real fast but would do much more than that...So I am thinking as soon as he knew I was out there and he was going to get beat he just let off, probably a second or two after the light was green...OR he just is a POS ***** who acted like he wanted to do it just to NOT do it when I did...Either way it pisses me off, so I don't guess I can count this one huh????

Jason
If it was me i would count it. i mean the guy clearly indicated that he wanted to race, its not your fault that he forgot where his balls were when the light turned green.

·
Registered
102 Posts
meangreen92 said:
My first kill was against a late 70's model and I raped him so hard his kids'll be pregnant. I'm a V6 Auto... yah shutup, I'ts my DD and I live in the city.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.