Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody just got my car about a month ago, a dark candy apple red 2009 mustang GT. It's been a long time coming. I love it, but I think I may want to have the mirrors painted body color. Have any of you done this? I think it would look best to paint the mirror except for the triangle mounting piece. What do you guys think. Pics of your mirrors are much appreciated especially red cars.

Thanks,
Jake

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
AmericanMuscle's Painted Mirror Covers +1
Nice clean look. :bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might get a mirror cover but I kind of want the whole thing to be body color. I work at a dealership so I can probably get a good deal for paint work. Thanks for the pic OhFiveStang. Anybody else?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just think that if you went the root of painting them, one of two things, they wouldn't look that great due to the texture of the plastic mirrors themselves, they'd almost look like an exaggerated orange peel texture that you see in factory paint, or two it would be a lot of work to prep the mirror to a smooth surface that would look glossy without any perfections. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just ordered today American Muscles painted mirror covers. Waiting for them to arrive. American Muscle is great! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
301 Posts
I just think that if you went the root of painting them, one of two things, they wouldn't look that great due to the texture of the plastic mirrors themselves, they'd almost look like an exaggerated orange peel texture that you see in factory paint, or two it would be a lot of work to prep the mirror to a smooth surface that would look glossy without any perfections. Just my two cents.
That's exactly what I was going to say! Yep, better off w/ the covers. :bigthumbsup

My last car had a factory grill that was similar to this plastic material. It wasn't as dark as I would have liked so I decided to paint it gloss black. It was a lot of work to get that plastic prepped & primed so the paint would lay flat.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Jake,

I was in this same situation with my 07 GT, but I chose a different option. I replaced my mirrors with Agent 47 mirrors from American Muscle, and I really like them.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.