Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

constantly flooring and being hard on my car

2K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  DROPTOP STANG 
#1 ·
are these stangs pretty tough cuz i drive this thing like a crazy ******* getting sideways whenever possible and constantly passing ***** in honda elements and crv's. not to mention i am so hard on my alternator my idle has to go up when im slappin my 12's (on a constant basis) especially at a stoplight. i take turns way too fast and think every launch i have to make has to be full throttle.

will i cause certain peril to my car???

#2 ·
I drive like a crazy *******, getting sideways whenever possible.
I take turns way too fast. Will I cause certain peril to my car?
Sounds like you'll cause certain peril to any pedestrians or other motorists around you.

#4 · (Edited)
yea especially since you drive a 2.3l that is made for fuel economy wait till you get a 450 plus rwhp vehicle and see if you stay sideways. Telephone poles don't move. But if you want to stay on it all the time you need to keep maintenance up and thats all maintenance not just an oil change from wal-mart.

#5 ·
you have it all wrong.....

im in texas in the suburbs on wide 4 lane roads and freeway acess roads... i do whip it hard in the walmart parking lot all the time tho haha i hit a donut the other day

and as far as driving ive been driving on the roads in cali since i was 14 and driving missions to the bay since i was 15

i have tons of driving experience both on and off roads with dirtbikes quads and 4 wheeling. im not some novice kid out here causing trouble in the city.

and there no telephone poles there all underground here

#8 ·
you have it all wrong.....

im in texas in the suburbs on wide 4 lane roads and freeway acess roads... i do whip it hard in the walmart parking lot all the time tho haha i hit a donut the other day

and as far as driving ive been driving on the roads in cali since i was 14 and driving missions to the bay since i was 15

i have tons of driving experience both on and off roads with dirtbikes quads and 4 wheeling. im not some novice kid out here causing trouble in the city.

and there no telephone poles there all underground here
Yeah i used to race motocross completly different, well atleast not for you since you car and quad have the same power. Good job dude. Cant wait for your next thread "Im a idiot..." when you screw that motor up;):bigthumbsup

#10 ·
no trees either its the desert man.....

and as far as me crashing i hardly doubt it. maybe i should just be nicer to it....

drive it like a granny:nono:

#11 ·
Strange.......I see a pole behind the car in your avatar.

Keep it off-road with the BS driving. You only think you are quick and cunning until you have that first boo-boo that usually impacts someone else more than you. You can never take back something after it is been done. No one ever learns a lesson the easy way.

But, since you started a thread to get all this attention drawn towards you because you have no other means of attracting it, shame on us for responding.

Good luck young man.

#12 ·
you need to pull some of those moves past a local cop and see how that goes over when you tell him "i drive like this all the time"

dont push your luck kid. youre probably talking to the wrong crowd here anyways, im sure your friends would be more impressed with your antics.

#18 ·
I put the 8.8 in my 2.3L with the intention of putting in a 5.0L, haven't done so because, well my career is more important to me than swapping an engine lol. Also, I'd rather have both wheels in the back spinning forward as I'm going around the corner, rather tan having one spinning forward and the other doing what it pleases. How would trac-loc pose a problem in the rain? LOL I'm from Sacramento, CA (where it rains quite often) and for the years I lived there and owned my Mustang there, I had absolutely NO issues when it rained. If I punched it to hard at a stoplight when its raining, yes my car would hydroplane, however it was in a Straight Line, unlike having the original rear end.

The reason i said drums in the back of a 2.3L is "pointless" is because this kid is swinging his little Mustang around like its some kind of muscle car. If his intentions are to just beat the crap outta his car, why not make a small investment and get better handling and braking out of it? Plus is he does decide to swap to a V8, then he's already got the beefy brakes.

#19 ·
How would Trac-Loc hurt in the rain? LOL you must not have a whole lot of spirited driving experience. A locker or posi (if built to performance specs) will put your ass in the ditch during a rainstorm in a hurry. Same reason a spool is an absolute no-no to drive during the rain.

Also, if you are hot rodding around and stomping on the gas while flying around corners, (stuff you can get away with when only one wheel is spinning madly and the other is keeping traction so the car doesn't slide) if you "upgrade" to a posi both wheels are likely to lose traction--then you're screwed because that ass end is going to go straight out.

Let's not forget that you're costing yourself gas mileage because the 8.8 does have more parasitic loss than the 7.5.

Your comments about brakes also indicate that you really don't know jack sh1t about brakes, probably just some stuff you've read online and no real hands on experience. I've built and driven many Mustangs. The four cylinder brakes like the ones on the poster's 87-up model, if in good condition, are plenty enough to stop a strong V8 car from any reasonable (or unreasonable) speed. I had a 12 sec 351W Mustang I built using a new set of those four cyl brakes and it had no trouble hauling the car down from 110 MPH trap speeds, or from higher speeds on the interstate. In fact the front brakes on those four cylinder cars is the exact same size and dimensions as the brakes that came factory on earlier V8 Mustangs.

ALL of the Mustang rear drum brakes are the same size, and that's because the rear brakes are not nearly as important as the front brakes. When you slam on the brakes, the car leans forward and transfers weight off the rear. The front brakes thus manage 70% of the car's braking effort. The other 30% is easily handled by the stock drum brakes.

Really, I seriously promise you, the engineers who built this car DID know what they were doing on sizing the brakes, but thanks for your armchair input.

BTW, since we have established that you don't know what the hell you're talking about, could you please refrain from giving any more idiot advice to those newbs (most of them in today's economy) who dont have their daddy's limitless credit cards to spend on ******** bad advice they receive from these forums? Thanks, your efforts to make this message board one worth actually going to for advice are appreciated.

#20 ·
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

your absolutely right! i dont know ANYTHING about Mustangs! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

just had to get that out of the way, anyway unfortunately i dont spend all my time and effort working on cars (mustangs in particular). so yes, in that aspect your right, i dont know EVERYTHING there is to know about cars in general....

see all this talk about drum brakes, yet you have said nothing about the rear disc brakes... why is that? have you owned a vehicle that had disc brakes or only dealt with cars that have disc in front and drums in back? if you answer is the latter, wouldn't your statement be somewhat bias? i just don't understand your novel about your 351W though... that gets me laughing. why? well all your talking about is briefly the drums and then about the front discs.... again i must ask, have you ever owned a vehicle, muscle car or not, that had discs in the back? LOL

yea the engineers i suppose knew how to put brakes and a suspension in an ECONOMY CAR. but hmmmm, do you think they would put such a beefed up suspension in a 2.3L economy car? hahahaha no they wouldn't because there is no point! however.... if you don't mind reading the specs of an 84-86 SVO Mustang, let me know about the suspension they used (rear axle, brakes, shocks/struts, etc) please school me on the SVO now too.... yes a 7.5" rear axle, not an 8.8 BUT nevertheless a what? LIMITED SLIP Trac-Loc Axle? Four wheel disc brakes, hmmmm.

im simply explaining to the newb ripping a new one in his 2.3 that an upgraded suspension will be safer. why would i do such a thing? because i have felt the difference between a sloppy stock suspension from ford and an upgraded suspension with performance parts.

stock suspension in your little 2.3L mustang and you take a corner at 35 mph, your going to fishtail. take that same corner with posi rear end lower springs and aftermarket shocks/struts, you won't slip.

obviouslythe front brakes are bigger, when are they not? lol.

case in point, you mentioned earlier (hey take out the rear drums and see how well you stop, roflcakes) what would happen if you were to take out the front disc brakes and run just rear drums vs rear discs? yes this is a hypothetical situation, but don't be a b1tch and avoid the question(s).

and finally, since you wanted to write so much about useless information, just fyi, i dont have a dad that "has a limitless credit card" i mean rather than explaining my family history to you, ill put it simple; i lived in sacramento with my parents until about 2 years ago, now im in LA in the film business. i dont need my parents money nor do i want it; i make plenty of money as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.