Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still trying to find new front control arms....
All the parts places I've checked out had the LCA's for a 93 listed as pn: M-3075A. I've found one pair on ebay, listed as M-3075D, which the seller says is for a SN95. Are there any differences between the two? Could I bolt in the "D" model instead of waiting till October for the back orders to be filled?

J

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I would think you can because the springs, struts, and spring isolators are interchangable. The only part that is really different is the spindle.

What's wrong with your current arms?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the ball joints are pretty much lacking all their rubber collars, I have a hideious front end squeak, and the front end vibrates at speed, which has feathered the new tires on it to the point that I'll probibly have to replace em shortly. :sosad:
At this point, I may have to just buy another set of used, and have the bushings/ball joints replaced, but I'd just rather save myself the trouble, and replace the whole shindig.
Theres a little more detail here .

J

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
You absolutely need the M-3075-A's. The newer SN95s will NOT work as they are longer than the Fox ones and the Balljoint is shorter. I had to hunt for them for quite some time, but I found a set in Arizona.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I was afraid of, but maybe I should just put the project off for a while, I have a feeling I may need the money to pay for gas (up 60 cents in 24 hours and going up again today:()

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
12second5.0 said:
Why not just buy new bushings and ball joints? 100 bucks max in cost.
The main reason was that its our only car, and the g/f has to be able to get to work next week :sosad: If I had known they were backordered, I would have just gone to the scrapyard, and gotten some used, then had that done, but at this point, I don't have the springs ordered, and wont really have the time to wait for them, and get all the other ducks lined up.
I guess I'll just keep saving, and maybe do it as a 3 day weekend sometime around halloween

Thanks for all the ideas/feedback though.

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.