Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a DIY tutorial as to how to convert a 2008 mustang key and remote into one housing?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I've seen threads on here about using a 2010 ford fusion key which has the fob buttons on the key itself. I think that is what you are talking about. All you would need to do would be to order a key from a 2010 focus and have it cut for your car. If you still have your 2 factory keys, you can program the key yourself, otherwise you will have to go to a ford dealer.

·
Registered
560 Posts
The 2010 style key will work, if that is what you are referring to regarding the key and remote in one housing. I got mine on ebay for around $35, had it cut at the small family hardware store in town (Lowes wouldn't cut it and treated me as if I was a criminal for asking) for $1, and programmed it myself since I had two working PATS keys.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was trying to find a DIY way without paying (cheap, i know) but i think I will just get the fusion key. thanks

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Go to ebay, my key I bought from there. Its a switchblade style, cost $32 and it has a built in fob. $2 to have it cut and I programmed it myself (the key and the fob) since I own the two original keys

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got a switchblade type with built in remote for my '06 GT from iKeyless.com . They go for $59.95. They now also sell the slide key type (the key comes straight out of the remote housing) for the same price. They are great people to do business with too. I took mine apart to change the battery and couldn't get it back together. I sent it to them. They reassembled it with new battery and didn't even charge me. :bigthumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts