Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to Route 66 in Joliet on the 27th for test and tune and I need to know if you need a roll bar in a vert? Do they base these standards on time? I believe a helmet is needed for 13's and a drive shaft loop at 12's ect. How about the roll bar. I only need info about Joliet. Anybody raced their vert their and know.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
If no one chimes in, see if they have a website or just call them. Most places are all different.

R

·
0 Posts
A roll bar is required in any convertible running 13.49 seconds or quicker in the quarter mile

A helmet is required for the driver of any car or truck running 13.99 seconds or quicker in the quarter mile, and for the rider of any motorcycle. Most drivers can use a helmet meeting SNELL K98, M2000, SA2000, M2005, or SA2005 specifications

·
Registered
874 Posts
At first I thought you were talking autocross. For autocross you must vave a cage if you have a vert. Some venues require the top be up also, but some don't care. What RLG34750 says makes sense for a drag strip too. I'd check the tracks website, they usually post all rules and requirements. If all esle fails do what 2005gt says and give them a call.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.