Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife has bad arthritis and doesnt have the strength to take the emergency brake off so i was wondering if there is a way to bypass the emergency brake switch so she doesnt have to put the brake on to get the top down on her convertible

·
Registered
140 Posts
i would think you would only have to set the brake enough to turn on the brake light on your dash to be able to put the top down. it shouldnt have to take too much effort if she only pulls it that far. however, my parking brake is very stiff on my stang so yours might be too. i know how it is, my mom has had really bad arthritis my whole life and it has greatly escalated the last few years.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
emergency brake bypass

yes the joys of getting old lol yes my brake is terribly stiff and i wonder maybe if there is a way to loosen it up a touch she just doesnt have the strengh in her hands and im not around all the time to help her

·
Registered
140 Posts
im sure theres some adjustment somewhere in the cables. ive never looked into it because i work on cars all day long and the last thing i want to do after work is work on my own car

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
There is a switch on the bottom of the e-brake bracket that is applied when you apply your e-brake. You can bypass it, but you might have to take out the console. It's not a bad job, just some screws and some wiring to disconnect......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.