Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda long...but have to RANT!

My 4 month old 05 Roush 'vert broke. The top would not close after I arrived at work. A bracket in the mechanism bent, top inoperable and stuck mid-way.

The dealer (Frontier Ford, Santa Clara) takes the car in that day, and later the service writer calls me to tell me the following:
1. it's covered under warranty
2. He has no ETA on parts. Maybe two weeks. They don't know.
3. No loaner cars available.
4. Call Ford corp if you are unhappy.

So I call Ford corp. They say that since the dealer has no ETA on parts, then Ford cannot help me. What was that? Come again? You just earned 100 points for bizarre answer of the year. So Ford corp can only help you if you don't have a problem? Huh? "Thanks for nuttin Danny!"

So I call the sales manager to tell him my predicament and he sticks with the line - no loaner car available to me since I did not buy the ESP. Gotta love that. Thanks Frontier Ford. Thank you verrrrrry much.

I USED TO consider this a premium vehicle. Based on the dealer and Ford's behavior, no longer does any Roush or Ford automobile deserve that respect.

That being said, I still love that car. It's a machine. Things break. Yeah, I know. But what just jerks my gherkin is knowing that if a "premium" car like a 41k+ ROush vert has an issue like this, the dealer and Ford corp will tell the customer that he is on his own for alternate transportation whilst Ford stumbles through Supplier Mgmt. 101 with a slack-jaw-yokem attitude.

Ridiculous.

Laughable.

Weak.

I buy a 40k+ vehicle, a warranted part breaks, but since Ford has a parts supply problem, I get reamed and have to rent a car for weeks.
Even Honda offers loaners for cases far less ridiculous than this.

California's Song-Beverly lemon law countdown: 24 days to go before Ford Corp repurchase proceedings begin.

I should have bought the M3 convertible....I can't believe I just said that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, your entitled to RANT! I would be upset myself!! Keep making calls to Ford, explain that you will be talking to your lawyer about what alternatives you have and see if they change their tune.

·
Registered
708 Posts
$hit happens, stuff breaks. Parts are back orderd.

The real stinker is the no loaner car. Aren't they required to provide one for warranty work ? That personally would be my primary ***** point to ford.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Sorry to hear about your woes Bobbo. That really sucks big time. But
it doesn't really surprise me either. It isn't the first time I've heard
negative remarks about Frontier Ford.

I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction soon. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
sorry about your car... agreed... it sucks...

a guy from works brother-in-law's vert has turned in to an absolue nightmare... It has been in the shop more than it hasn't... all over the top... including the time it spewed hydrolic fluid all over the back seats...

man... i'm glad I opted for the coupe this go around...

·
Registered
184 Posts
You've got me scared now, my top's going down a little bit sideways sometimes :eyebulge: .

You should get your warranty out and read it. See what it says about the loaner car in black and white. If it says you get one and doesn't have that specific restriction, then I'd make them give you a denial of loaner vehicle in writing, stating the reason. Then you have ammo to go to Ford with. Most warranties have a limited number of days, like 5. Tell them you want to start your 5 days NOW. Maybe your part will miraculously come in. Past that, does your insurance or your roadside assistance policy cover a rental car for a vehicle disablement? Mine does. And I'll bet your insurance company will light a fire under Ford to hurry up if they're paying for you a car...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I got some good news to report. Mostly.

Got a call from the service writer yesterday, parts are all in and they are working on it, and it should be ready today (Friday). That was a surprising call considering two days earlier they had "no idea" when the parts will come in.

However, today I called and he told me that they won't have it finished until Monday or Tuesday. Go figure. Wrong info again.

I also learned that they sub this out locally "so it's done right the first time". I think that's a good thing?
So I will be getting the black beast back soon!!! Yes!!!
Can't wait!!!

I just really wish they could provide a better status, and not scare the crap out of you with indefinate answers like I received.

And then....

I borrowed my mother in law's Mercedes while mine is in the shop, and a friggin stray golfball from the golf course next door to where I work pinged the hood of the car and left a dimple right smack in the middle of the hood. F
At least the golf course seems to be handling that well....but of all cars to hit, my mutha-n-law's!

N

·
0 Posts
shoulda got the m3...hehe...service wise....i had a bmw 325is in 96...had an oil leak...they serve danish in the waiting room...coffee in glass cups...comfortable couches...talk to ya the whole time...the manager apologizes cause they have to keep the car over night and drives me home and picks me up the next day...unbelievable...ford service on my 2000 mustang...drop off the key sir...how long?...long as it takes sir...you want it done right dont you sir...guy peels off in my stang into the garage...love mustangs but ford sux

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry for your troubles. But I no longer care if they have loaner cars or not.I request a rental car of the same caliber car or truck I have in for service.If they say you have to wait to see if its covered underwarrenty at that point I just request they have the rental oaner car dropped off at my place of work or home and request a ride home. You would be suprised at what we are entitled to as new car owners but the dealers and service wrighter denigh us with the poor escuse of they have no loaner cars.

When the dealership is paying for a rental car,one thing you can be sure of is that your car will be back in your hands as fast s possible even if they have to pay for overnight shipping.

Good Luck

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I got some good news to report. Mostly.

Got a call from the service writer Thursday, said "parts are all in and they are working on it, and it should be ready Friday". That was a surprising call considering two days earlier they had "no idea" when the parts will come in. I was not gettign my hopes up too much but I sure was pleased that the parts issue seemed to have been resolved.

However, Friday afternoon I called and ths service writer tells me they won't have it finished until Monday or Tuesday. Go figure. Wrong info again.

I also learned that they sub this out locally "so it's done right the first time". I think that's a good thing!??
So I will be getting the Black Beast back soon!!! Yes!!!
Can't wait!!!

I just really wish they could provide a better status, and not scare the crap out of you with indefinate answers like I received.

The other bad thing is I borrowed my mother in law's Mercedes while mine is in the shop. As I was leavign for llunch,a friggin stray golfball from the golf course next door to where I work hits the hood of the car and left a big dimple right smack in the middle of the hood!!!! At least the golf course seems to be handling that well....but of all cars to hit, my mutha-n-law's!
RRARGHGHHGGH! FGLHTHTB!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
They dont have to provide a loaner car. The warranty is to fix the problem not provide another vehicle. However, the extended warranty does provide for a rental car, that alone pretty much makes the extended warranty worth the couple hundred dollars it costs, plus if you are going to keep the car over 36K miles why not buy it? Like you said, you spent $41K on a car but didnt pony up the extra $500 for an extended warranty? I think you can still buy the ESP's after you buy the car

Also, they dont provide cars for recall work either..

·
Registered
134 Posts
Did you try calling Roush? After all it's their name on the vehicle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.