Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '88 GT Ragtop that needs some work. The top frame is totally smoked. What's my bet bet? Should I just hit the junk yard or is there someone that makes new ones?

·
Registered
9 Posts

I own an 89 vert myself....when you say the frame do you mean just the top or the whole thing from down in the quarter panels? you might be able to find something at a junk yard or salvage yard....but i would make sure its all there and not rusted from sitting or broken....chance of finding a good one there is rare but you might get lucky....i had a friend that was looking for something for his car, about 2 months later he got lucky and a guy had totaled his car by hiting a light poll....but the part my friend needed was in perfect shape....so keep your eyes open! Im sure there are companys out there that probably have what you are looking for as well....i'll keep my eyes open too!! good luck man!
rick

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
You're in luck I have a frame with top attached from an 88' Vert. The top is in pretty decent condition. There is one very small tear on the very top but doesnt leak water. I was carrying the hood over the car with a friend his side slipped hit make a small cut in it. No big deal.

Let me know if you are interested. It is heavy....

·
Registered
24 Posts
mustang convertible top 1990

I have a fox body mustang too It is a 1990 gt ragtop I am hoping to follow your question because my rear glass is broken . I have sewn the zipper into the new window but even after removing the bolts at the bottom of the window it won't come out. I fear this little job may turn into a bigger job. Any ideas? This is my first Ford. Sorry guys! the car is in beautiful shape . cowl hood large spoiler fresh ho 5.0 but it leaks everything that can leak, shifts wierd and so on. I cant take the car out without a back window so here i am.
Any help out there for a new ford guy?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.