Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1967 convertible top sits too high in the well and the boot won't fit. I purchased a manual for the 1966 model, but it does not seem to apply to my 1967. Thank you.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have a manual top and I know it sits a little higher than a power top when it's down. I have to stretch the boot cover a little bit to snap it.

Is it a power top? Are you sure the top is going all the way down? Maybe the motor shut off stop needs to be adjusted.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The top has not been recently installed, although I'm sure it has been replaced oin the past by someone else. There are ways to adjust the frame, I just need the details--thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
I dont' believe that aany of the adjustments will help with the problem your having. I also have a 67 with power top and I have the same problem. Make sure you have the 67 well liner. Also when putting the top down it helps to arrange the folds so that they will lay as flat as you can. The material tends to catch between the bows. Doing this will also help prevent the pinching the top casing holes in the canvas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts