Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Mustang v6 vert. I replaced my convertible top March 08 but not the rear window curtain. When it rains a puddle develops behind the passanger seat on the floor and there is also a puddle that builds up in the well liner. I am tired of the mildew smell and hearing that splish splashing noise when I am turning a corner. I unplugged the rubber stoppers located under the quarter panel speakers next to the rear seat and it still doesn't stop the puddle behind the seat from forming. Know before I go pay all this money getting a new top what can I do because I have read in other forums that a new top wont stop the leaks.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Go to a reputable upholstery shop and have them inspect it and get their opinion. There are lots of seals all over the place for these tops to not leak. Also, there are seals between the rear window curtain and the top that could be leaking as well.

I know whenever my top starts to leak and needs replacing, no matter the cost, I am getting an entire factory top installed by pros.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.