Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm was standing in my garage earlier as my dad comes out of the house and starts to look at my car. I saw him get in and sit down behind the wheel.he says he hears air going through the top when I tell him that I had my windows down just a little bit to let it air out a little. Whats he do? As soon as I said that, he pulled the convertable top button towards him to try to shut the top tighter I guess and all i hear is the motor run for 2-3 seconds and then a loud POP! "Whoops." So to check to make sure everything was fine, I jumped in and unlocked the top and pushed the button. Nope, the top does not go down by itself now, now I have to push up on it. It doesn't go up now either by itself, now I have to take 2 people, 1 to push the button and another to pull the top up. I hear the convert. top motor running but it's not pulling the top up nor down. Any ideas on how to fix or atleast what it is? The car is my stock '90 stang lx convertable. I hope I don't have to buy a new motor for it, just looked on late model resto and it's $350 for a new motor, hoses, and fluid. If i have to buy a new one I will but won't be too happy taking that out of my mod budget. :( Thanks in advance for the help stangers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That sucks. My 6 year old daughter put a small tire inflator behind the seat and the other day when I went to put the top down all I heard was a loud crash from the window breaking. All I heard was dollar signs...

·
Registered
48 Posts
dont have the money come out of your budget its your car your dad broke it make him take it to the shop and fix it he shouldnt have been messing around with something that he had no idea what was going on dad broke= dad fix it make him open his money wallet to fix it and its probably going to cost you around $465.00 for parts labor and thats not even including tax just had my motor replaced for my 1991 convert and was not happy bout it myself bought the car and rite when i got it the top motor quit working :headscratch: used it twice and the top wouldnt push the top back up and next day had a big storm and had completely covered my top with every tarp sleeping bag and blanket you could possibly amagine and weighed it down with weights but did the trick call around your local shops to get the best price and i dont know if ur dad is a real grease monkey but it would be better to take it to a shop then have ur old man fix it just cause more problems:bigthumbsup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.