Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what the name of the part is...sorry about that...:doh:
But it's the metal piece on the top where the top meets the body. It makes contact with the rubber seal so I'm not worried about the body rusting. And as far as I know it isn't hurting anything, it's just not that pretty to look at.
I noticed rust on the metal piece. Do I need to take it somewhere to get the rust blasted off and repainted or should I just replace it? If I replace it where can I find the part and what the heck is it called???

·
Registered
284 Posts
Please provide information on your convertible. This will help us
with the question

·
Registered
554 Posts
I've got the same issue. Its the metal pieace that meets the top of the winshield. Mine is starting to show surface rust as well. I wouls just get it blasted.

Later,
Jason

·
Registered
353 Posts
Our '00 has the same dilemma, if you are talking about the part that is on the top not the windshield. I just thought that a plastic cover part was missing.

I'd suggest steel wool and spray paint.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fiat Freak said:
Our '00 has the same dilemma, if you are talking about the part that is on the top not the windshield. I just thought that a plastic cover part was missing.

I'd suggest steel wool and spray paint.
Yup, that's the part. I asked a dealer about it and they said it was made of steel.
I like the steel wool and spray paint idea. I figure it's more cost effective. :thumbup
Is there a paint that will keep the rust from coming back? I'm trying to remember if Krylon has something like that...

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Wouldn't overlook the superior adhesion of powdercoating for this part - it's not very expensive to have it done.

·
Registered
353 Posts
That sounds like a dandy idea as well, powdercoating. Now that we all agree that a piece of steel looks like crap as bare rusty metal. Thought FORD was suppose to have a better idea?

I'm gonna use steel wool, and RUST-OLEUM, satin black. After primer, a couple of coats should look just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.