Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

Converting a 3.8 to a 5.0 requires much more money than it's worth. Build the v6 or sell the v6 and buy a v8. Trust me, unless you have thousands upon thousands of dollars, it's not worth it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
id agree with stanger,. your not just talking engine swap , but a whole drive train, wire harneses and electronics. now if circumstances landed you a donor car relatively cheap and you didnt mind the idea of tearing one car down to the frame for parts then doing the same with your v6 making room for the donor parts. yea id only do it if someone silly enough to try it was paying me real good!! :badidea:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Reading through the threads would be the first step. You already have a 99+ model, so it already has more power than the 94-98's.

It has just about every mod along with a writeup that 232stang did awhile back.
First some duals , and 3.73's with a tlok would be the best start. Then a cold air kit and pullies....:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
649 Posts
just remember you bought a v6 with alot less torque than a v8 , much money needed to get to that level of a GT.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You already have a 99+ model, so it already has more power than the 94-98's.
is that true? what makes 99+ more powerful? post a link if there is a thread for this

·
Registered
649 Posts
slap a procharger kit on there and you'll be walking 94-98 gt's all dang day!

·
Registered
649 Posts
99+ v6 stangs have 190-193 Hp , 94-98 GT stangs had 205-225 hp. The difference in the cars are the powerband and the torque numbers.

·
Registered
240 Posts
99+ v6 stangs have 190-193 Hp , 94-98 GT stangs had 205-225 hp. The difference in the cars are the powerband and the torque numbers.
wow, i didnt know that. So when a person with a stock 94-98 GT talks big saying how he can blow my little V6 out of the water, I can say that I can beat him with a couple of mods? If thats the case, I have a few people to talk to back in my neighborhood...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.