Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my first stang :kooky: i love it ! 2001 5 speed 3.8 of course ill post some pics of it in a day or two .. it already came equipped with some nice duals and a cold air intake. the intake is a BBK , is that a good brand or what ? i wana get a K & N intake but if the BBK is just as good or better ill stay with that for a while and also if i do get a K & N can i just unbolt the BBK and replace it ? or do i have to mod anything else to make it fit ?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
You've already got a decent CAI on the car so I wouldn't waste my money buying a K&N. You'd only pick up another 1-3 hp by buying a $200+ dollar FIPK. Spend the money on an underdrive pulley or a programmer.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Monkey Boy said:
You've already got a decent CAI on the car so I wouldn't waste my money buying a K&N. You'd only pick up another 1-3 hp by buying a $200+ dollar FIPK. Spend the money on an underdrive pulley or a programmer.
yeah, if it's already on the car, go elsewhere.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Monkey Boy said:
kool thanks for the tip , whats a decent brand for the pulley ? . I can only find one for 94-98 V-6's i dunno if that would fit so point me in the right direction and also when i get into 3rd gear and up when i step on the gas there's a wierd noize i cant describe right now but it dies down when i let off the gas"" my friend sayd it has to do with the CAI so info on that would be great too thanks

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Venom810 said:
kool thanks for the tip , whats a decent brand for the pulley ? . I can only find one for 94-98 V-6's i dunno if that would fit so point me in the right direction and also when i get into 3rd gear and up when i step on the gas there's a wierd noize i cant describe right now but it dies down when i let off the gas"" my friend sayd it has to do with the CAI so info on that would be great too thanks
I have no idea on the noise. Does it sound like a toilet?

You'll want the 42% underdriver pulleys at RPMoutlet.com, unless you have a lot of stereo equipment.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kscoyote said:
I have no idea on the noise. Does it sound like a toilet?

You'll want the 42% underdriver pulleys at RPMoutlet.com, unless you have a lot of stereo equipment.
im only putting in a cd deck and some decent 10 inch subs, not 500 pounds of speakers like some of these kids use .... and that noize sounds like a screetch . It only does that when i hit 40mph or so in 3rd and keep on the gas and quits when i let off , stays like that in 4th and when in 5th it stops so im stumped . Might just take it in and get it inspected but other then that its a great car :laughlitt

·
Registered
82 Posts
does anyone know if it makes a performance difference if the CAI is mounted on the fenderwall??????? Or in the fender wall??????:eyebulge:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Venom810 said:
im only putting in a cd deck and some decent 10 inch subs, not 500 pounds of speakers like some of these kids use .... and that noize sounds like a screetch . It only does that when i hit 40mph or so in 3rd and keep on the gas and quits when i let off , stays like that in 4th and when in 5th it stops so im stumped . Might just take it in and get it inspected but other then that its a great car :laughlitt

When you put in your subs you might need to get an overdriver for your alternator

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
NEWBE17 said:
does anyone know if it makes a performance difference if the CAI is mounted on the fenderwall??????? Or in the fender wall??????:eyebulge:
you'll get colder air in the fenderwell, but metering is better with a straight shot.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for the help:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
the noise you are hearing is for the IAT sensor on the CAI for earlier models where it plugged into the intake. plug it up with a rubber gromet that is enclosed and your noise will stop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.