Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...ord-if-youre-listening-i-have-suggestion.html

This thread is all about cylinder deactivation. There is one guy for it and he is pretty much on his own.

I was hoping some of our more knowledgable posters here would read it and offer an opinion.

As I've said before, we have the smartest people in the 05-09 section (IMO) would like to see what some of you think about the argument here.

If anything, it surely was an interesting read. . .

-Chris

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I had been following it but it got so bad my brain hurt :gringreen

·
Registered
717 Posts
So much anger...

I agree, I could only read about 4 pages of it before getting crosseyed :gringreen

I did like the one comment that is was a mustang and not a station wagon :heha:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Dude, all he's doing is talking about how much the mustang engine could be improved and how every other company with mds is so much better.... But yet this guy bought a v8, when he could have a:bought a v6 b:bought a car with mds from another company or a damn Honda, seriously what mustangs were built for good gas milage?? He'll no they were built to haul ass in haha, I have no idea how he ended up buying a mustang

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
That guy wants the best of both worlds (power and fuel economy), bashes and uses every name in the book to all who oppose his idea, doesn't understand why people say he's ignorant (duh!), yet refuses to answer any direct and relevant questions from those trying to use & instill common sense. Hmmmm....

An aside: Everybody on that thread seems to have forgotten the most infamous cylinder deactivation engineering fiasco ever known - one that almost put a well-respected car moniker into an unmarked grave - the Cadillac 8-6-4 engine.

That earned it a place on Time magazines all-time 50 worst list, right between a Yugo and the Delorean :bigthumbsup

It took years for Cadillac to recover after that. Almost, though not as bad, was the Corvette's forced 1-4 shift under light acceleration. Anarchy reigned then among Corvette aficionados, too. Look at them now - 500 hp and 30 mpg highway! Who needs cylinder deactivation??

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Ram has that cylinder deactivation (MDS in Chrysler speak). When it goes into 4 cylinder mode you can definitely hear it and feel it, but any SLIGHT hill will turn it off, so I just drive with it off.

On a Mustang it could be a good idea, not so much on a 4800lb. truck:nono:

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
I try to use all of my S/C'd power as much as i can :D

But at a stop light, there is no need for all 8 cylinders so i can understand it, but i love my pony just the way she is :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
If you want to best of both worlds, fuel economy and power, get a Mustang and a diesel (see signature :winks)

·
Registered
85 Posts
That guy should have quit at page 2 lol
If ford wanted to improve the 5.0 and 3.7 they could just go to Direct injection that would bring more power and better mpg's without over-complicating the design.
This type of thread will never go away i bet when ford released the 3V 5.4 and 4.6 us V6 guys were asking ford why couldn't the 4.0 have the same type of heads

1 - 10 of 10 Posts