Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the head gaskets last weekend. I messed with the timing last night and when it was fine I let it idle. I noticed I had a puddle so I tryed tracing it back to the source but it seems to be running from nowhere. I cant see the actual spot but it is coming from the front passenger side just under the number one cyclinder I want to say. I ran my finger and paper towel across the seals and it does seem that a seal is bad. The stream does run over a bolt hole but that hole doesnt line up with my supercharger bracket and I have no extra bolts left over. I dont think it has anything to do with the water pump since it isnt around that area. Any ideas or is there something with coolant around that area I'm not seeing??

·
Registered
282 Posts
Check the lower intake gasket where the head meets the block. Mine leaked on the driver's side there. Not from the rubber gasket, but seeped under the gasket between the head and lower intake.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Check the heater lines and the lines going to the throttle body. Might be a loose clamp or something easy but doubt it. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts