Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm new here. Anyways I just got my project done (dropping a new 306 into an 89 mustang). Fired her up and realized there was coolant leaking. it was leaking out of the back of the head but I blocked that off. Also after that I come to find water leaking out of my passenger side head, straight out of the valve cover. I've read up on it and here's what I came up with.

1. Blown head gasket
2. Cracked Head
3. Cracked Water jacket

I'd just like to know what everone else thinks it might be. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Leaking out the front? Back ? How much?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Coolent Leak

Not sure where you got your engine etc but pre99 blocks had a history of head problems if I remember right and wasn't there a fixit recall??? Others know about the head issue could be ghosts of that.

Jess

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got my engine out of a donor 89 gt. It's pouring out the back of the valve cover, towards the firewall. And there's alot, like when a line's broken or something.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Are you sure the heater core pipe has both hoses that go to it from the firewall are properly tightened?

·
Registered
192 Posts
OH boy....long weekend for you....:eyebulge:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Figured it out, leaking heater hose. Hole in the metal one that goes into the intake. She's fixed and runs great now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.