Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 V6 stang that has been running great .The other day I had steam coming out under the hood. Noticed that the radiator fan was not running, but would start running when I turn on the heater-a/c
Could this be a temp. sensor?
I did a search & saw where there is some fan control in the driver side fender? I was hit a few weeks ago on that side. Car was fine for about a week or 2 after getting hit. Anything connection

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
You won't get steam unless you are losing coolant and that happen to me as well. It turned out to be a crack in my radiator where the coolant was getting sprayed on the engine block or the hot hose causing it to steam up. Try this fill with coolant and start car with hood open. Let it get to normal temp and check around the radiator for leaks also check your hoses for leaks as well. Now to check your fan get a couple of alligator clips and some wire. Attach one end of the wire to a clip and make two of these. Next unplug your fan and using the alligator tips attach to the prong where the orange wire connects to then attach the other to the prong for the black wire, then contact the red wire to your positive on your battery and the black to your negative fan should turn on. After that check the red wire to my understanding the orange is for normal heat from X to X temp and the red is when A/C is on with heat from X to X temp.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks chuwee I really think the steam came from left over spray from when my son opened the cap & coolant sprayed everywhere. I will give the wire jumper trick a shot & go from there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.