Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a sn89 paxton super charger with 6psi of boost, since i put it on my temp is above the half way mark all the way up by the "a" in normal. i have since change the theomstat to 160 degree and it only drop the temp a lil under half. if i put the fan shroud on will it help to cool off the block and drop the temp even more?????

·
Registered
486 Posts
Are you running a clutch fan with no shroud?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yeah, put the shroud back on. Im pretty sure its there to help channel the air directly at your motor. It would make sense because without it it would just blow air everywhere and it wouldn't be concentrated. Maybe I'm just bs'in but it makes sense I think . . . I think you'd be better just going with an electric fan since you have a blower. You can get one off of a taurus or a contour thats a direct fit over a factory mustang radiator. Stick the factory shroud back on and let us know how it works out.

Good luck!

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/5-0l-tech/223992-electric-fan-taurus-contour-what-year.html

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Yeah, put the shroud back on. Im pretty sure its there to help channel the air directly at your motor. It would make sense because without it it would just blow air everywhere and it wouldn't be concentrated. Maybe I'm just bs'in but it makes sense I think . . . l
Correct, but I like the electric fan idea not only for better cooling but also to free up a few ponies.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have had mine off for years, but i guess it makes alot of sense to put it back on. if you look at it it is forcing air right on the block. i will check on the ele. fan what year will bolt up to it???

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Get an electric. You can also run a 1" phenolic spacer and an oil cooler. Maybe try some water wetter. I run the snow kit adds 50+ hp for $350.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yeah I think you'll see a difference when you put it back on. But still, if you have a blower, there's going to be more heat. The spacer is a good idea, just watch clearance with your hood. +1 on going to the electric, its pretty straightforward as far as putting it on. I'm not sure of the years that fit, pretty sure its mid to late 90s contours and merc mystiques. In that link I sent ya theres some guys that replied that knew a little better. I never ended up buying one but I think you'll like how it works out, ALOT of people go to electric. Its a good investment for maybe 30 bucks at the junk yard.

I think the oil cooler is a really good idea for you also, considering your supercharger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.