Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming up the backside of a winding uphill country hill that has a speed limit of 50 mph.
Most cars can't do 50 up the hill and stay on the road.
I came rolling over the top of this wide sweeping right backing off from 65 to slow down and come off the top.

There were Two Cops at the side of the road at the bottom of the front side of the hill with a hand held Radar Gun.

The older guy sticks his hand out palm down with a couple of " Cool It " gestures, then gives me a " Thumbs Up " and waves me on.

They must have heard me coming for half a mile.

I must buy a lottery ticket tonight.:gringreen

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Woops

Meant to say " Backing off To 65 MPH! "
Paul

·
Registered
120 Posts
Cops can be cool when they want to be. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
for some reason (and some may argue this) i think cops are a little more forgiving with the 05er's. maybe i'm just talking out my arse, but i've had more than a couple of close calls in the last month. bad thing is that if this phenomenon does truly exist, it will likely soon wear off, whereas my heavy right foot won't

gotta get a RD soon!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Blackened

I was a little reluctant to say this as well, but I do have the same perception regarding the '05.

Is the car that cool we are cut a bit of slack?:worship

Paul

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd have to say I agree.

There have been a few times when I was going......rather fast. ;)

The cop just went on with his business.

I think I give out an aura of "leave him alone," because I've never been pulled over ever.

*knock on wood*

Hope to keep it that way. :)

jason

·
Registered
31 Posts
Definitely tops in my book...

Three weeks ago, I was finally able to find an '05 GT convertible in black on the Used market at a Ford dealer up in Sulphur Springs, TX via their Internet department and it was great dealing with them.

Anyway on my way back to Houston, TX on a smaller highway/country road I let her out a few times and got pulled over by a State Trooper...who stopped me for speeding. He asked me if it was new and I said it was and that I just bought it that day/night. He was a young twenty-something guy and it was like 2am Saturday/Sunday. But then he asked for my licence and insurance and I thought I was done for. But then he came back from his vehicle and said with a pause in between at the moment of truth and I quote..."I'm giving you....[pause]...a warning. Be careful out there." Woohoo...luv those guys.

And then just this past weekend on I-10 West of San Antonio, I was riding with my rear plate upside down (long story...) and got pulled over for that as an "obstructed registration" along with "driving on the shoulder". The shoulder driving was bogus, maybe I veered over for a second at one point but I don't think so. The plate though was on wrong. But this State Trooper too gave me a warning as well. In fact he kept saying it was just a warning and not on my record. Cool guy. Again a twenty-something guy and about 11pm on a Friday.

So, so far I am 2 for 2 in terms of warning in my '05!

tc

·
Registered
286 Posts
texascanuck said:
Three weeks ago, I was finally able to find an '05 GT convertible in black on the Used market at a Ford dealer up in Sulphur Springs, TX via their Internet department and it was great dealing with them.

Anyway on my way back to Houston, TX on a smaller highway/country road I let her out a few times and got pulled over by a State Trooper...who stopped me for speeding. He asked me if it was new and I said it was and that I just bought it that day/night. He was a young twenty-something guy and it was like 2am Saturday/Sunday. But then he asked for my licence and insurance and I thought I was done for. But then he came back from his vehicle and said with a pause in between at the moment of truth and I quote..."I'm giving you....[pause]...a warning. Be careful out there." Woohoo...luv those guys.

And then just this past weekend on I-10 West of San Antonio, I was riding with my rear plate upside down (long story...) and got pulled over for that as an "obstructed registration" along with "driving on the shoulder". The shoulder driving was bogus, maybe I veered over for a second at one point but I don't think so. The plate though was on wrong. But this State Trooper too gave me a warning as well. In fact he kept saying it was just a warning and not on my record. Cool guy. Again a twenty-something guy and about 11pm on a Friday.

So, so far I am 2 for 2 in terms of warning in my '05!

tc
I want the long story...why was your tag upside down:bouncer

·
Registered
358 Posts
Cops aren't always so cool.
Recently after the IMAFS car show in Park City Utah there was Bad Cop Moment.
Seems a guy in a local forum has a Ex Utah Highway Patrol mustang.
It is pretty much intact Lights Radios ect.
He was leaving the car show where it was in the show and the county mounties decided to pull him over. He tried to explain to the counties that he was just in the car show and was transporting home.
Didnt matter to them.
Next thing he knows it is being loaded on a flatbed and impounded!!
Now he is trying to get it back from the county.
Not the best for the public image of Summit County.
At most they should have scolded him for not covering the light bar or something, But Impounded??!!!
Damn it just doesnt pay to support your local Pigs.

:thumbdown

·
Registered
357 Posts
ixtlan said:
Cops aren't always so cool.
Recently after the IMAFS car show in Park City Utah there was Bad Cop Moment.
Seems a guy in a local forum has a Ex Utah Highway Patrol mustang.
It is pretty much intact Lights Radios ect.
He was leaving the car show where it was in the show and the county mounties decided to pull him over. He tried to explain to the counties that he was just in the car show and was transporting home.
Didnt matter to them.
Next thing he knows it is being loaded on a flatbed and impounded!!
Now he is trying to get it back from the county.
Not the best for the public image of Summit County.
At most they should have scolded him for not covering the light bar or something, But Impounded??!!!
Damn it just doesnt pay to support your local Pigs.

:thumbdown
So he is not a police officer and he drives a fully marked Utah Highway Patrol vehicle around....he doesn't think he might run into a problem there? Hmmmm...that is one great reason for you to call them pigs. :sterb: He should have known it was illegal...I'm sure he did. I don't understand the appeal of a civilian buying a police vehicle and thinking he can drive it around. Even if it is just for car shows. In 30 years...I might want to get a 1994 Crown Vic and restore it to my original department markings and condition (too bad we never had any Mustangs:weeps ). But at least I will go through the red tape of having authorization from the department and written documentation. It is only common sense.

·
Registered
358 Posts
4511.21 said:
So he is not a police officer and he drives a fully marked Utah Highway Patrol vehicle around....he doesn't think he might run into a problem there? Hmmmm...that is one great reason for you to call them pigs. :sterb: He should have known it was illegal...I'm sure he did. I don't understand the appeal of a civilian buying a police vehicle and thinking he can drive it around. Even if it is just for car shows. In 30 years...I might want to get a 1994 Crown Vic and restore it to my original department markings and condition (too bad we never had any Mustangs:weeps ). But at least I will go through the red tape of having authorization from the department and written documentation. It is only common sense.
He had just left the show and pulled into a local place to put the covers and items on the vehical while he ate lunch. I guess I left that part out. My Bad.
The mustangs that the UHP had were Hipo cars. Not your average mustang of the time. It would be a collectors car in that respect. I suppose your right that he he should have preped it first for the road but people make mistakes. It still was rather uncalled for by the counties to go to such an extreme. He did mention the cop was nice about it but still come on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Blnpony05 said:
I want the long story...why was your tag upside down:bouncer
Ok here's the long story...or medium...well whatever...

My temp tag for my new GT convertible was expiring on August 6, 2005 and I still hadn't received my new tags yet. I was getting a little frantic not knowing but suspecting what would happen if I did not have current tags on the car and it being like August 5th! I started calling up the DMV folks and sure enough it will get you a ticket but you could get around it by getting another temporary tag for $25 but only for 30 days more. The DMV folks gave me the plate numbers and said that the dealer, some 4.5 hours from me should have them. Well I finally called them and my net guy was off that day - damnit! But wait, the guy taking up for him was the guy that sold it in the first place - me technically being its second owner. He asked me to check if the plates were on the car already just underneath the temporary paper tags. I went out to check and sure enough they were there. They were the same tags as the previous owner but according to DMV they were now current again and my dealer confirmed this. The one thing I noticed was that the rear tag for some unknown reason was on upside down. I didn't ask the dealer guy as I was just happy to see the tags. I called him back and told him he didn't need to overnight a new pair as he promised since they were indeed on the car.

So, being at work, I just went out again and ripped off the dealership frame and paper temp tags and boom there are my plates, with the rear one on upside down. Who knows why?!? Maybe to flag that they needed temp tags to the dealer when he was selling it. Perhaps a pole shift of the Earth occured causing up to be down and down to be up, I dunno. What I do know is that I wanted to experiment. I thought to myself what law would I be breaking if I were to leave them on that way. Technically I had the right tags just not the right way up. So I went around town for about 3-4 days with a few friendly folks stopping me at stop lights to alert me to this fact!

Then I made a little trip down I-10 from Houston heading South or West or Southwest. And lo and behold the trooper did stop me and there is an infraction of "obstructed registration". Sure I wanted to experiment, maybe stick it to the man, see if I still had the Mustang magic going and I did.

Well I guess that was the long version, sorry.

Anyways as an Epilogue, when I hit the border, I started looking for a screwdriver. And that is something no one seemed to have. I tried for 45 minutes, 3 gas stations, 5 taxi drivers, 2 civilian cars, 1 state trooper (previously) and finally bought one for $2. I removed the remnants of the dealer frame and corrected the rear tag to right side up. And then I crossed the border into Mexico but that is another story...

tc

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK....Then what?

We all want to hear about Mexico now! :winks

Paul

·
Registered
121 Posts
just tonight i was pulled over going 72 in a 55. the cop was totally cool and i apologized. i told him it's hard keeping her around 55. he said, "then go 60." he said my car was awesome and let me go with a warning! phew!

·
Registered
18 Posts
We've got lots of twisties with hills here too. On two occasions I was sweeping up the hills in a "spirited" fashion when the local sheriff comes over the top. Both times he just smiled and gave me a short little finger wag...like "be cool, don't make me come after you..".

I'm not gonna push it, but I do think these Pony's get a bit of a break. Didn't have that much luck in my '70' Mach 1 with the 351C. :hihi:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Slade

I like that " Spirited Fashion"!

Like...in a spirited fashion he was travelling at 145!....Cool:gringreen

Cheers Paul

1 - 17 of 17 Posts