Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems with the link going from the clutch pedal to the Z bar not clearing the power brake booster. I was told I may have the incorrect Z bar (too tall). Anybody know what length the Z bar should be for a 67 Mustang with a manual transmission and power brakes?

Thanks.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm confused for you have another post claiming your clutch rod is hitting the booster. Which is it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Z-Bar

At least two were made for '67. What engine do you have, and do you know your Z-Bar part number?

I am having problems with the link going from the clutch pedal to the Z bar not clearing the power brake booster. I was told I may have the incorrect Z bar (too tall). Anybody know what length the Z bar should be for a 67 Mustang with a manual transmission and power brakes?

Thanks.

Bob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The clutch rod is hitting the booster. I was told that there are different versions of the Z bar and that could be my problem. I don't know which one is right for my car. The overall length from the pivot point is about 7 1/2 inches tall. I have a 289. In researching this and looking at the different post for the different questions I had, I may have found the problem. The clutch rod I have appears to be a 66 clutch rod. The clutch rod is straight with an elbow at each end pointing in opposite directions. I think the one I should have has a slight bend towards one end?

Thanks for your help.

Bob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the correct clutch rod at Carlisle over the weekend. I just got it in and it works a little better. Clutch pedal actually moves through range of motion. It still rubs the booster. I did not find any Z bars that I could positively identify as a 67 so could not get measurements. Can someone with a manual 289 measure the offset from the pivot point (bar that connects to the engine and frame brackets) to the outside of the upper connection piont?

Also in doing this research to fix this problem I found I should have had a clutch spring? I can't find it under the dash. Did not come out with the clutch. Could the clutch have worked for the last 4 years (since I bought it) without the spring??

Thanks for everyone's help. Slowly working through it.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.