Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 mustang gt auto. I keep going back and fourth between new exhaust and keep stock. I know the stock is fine, and it sounds great but I heard alot about better stock. Im afraid if I get some new exhaust I might not like it or something. I have tried to listen to the clips online, but they dont do it.

So far the one im interested most is Corsa. Also thinking about adding a X Pipe but I dont know how much better my car is gonna sound with the 2, or just the mufflers. Any advice over all? I have been reading this and I like what I read, but I dont know if its all true. Anyone have Corsa or know much. I thought about magnaflow and and flowmaster and borla, but I didnt want a riced out sound or drone. Let me know what you think. I know this is a very open topic, haha! Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
xeroinsanity said:
I have a 2005 mustang gt auto. I keep going back and fourth between new exhaust and keep stock. I know the stock is fine, and it sounds great but I heard alot about better stock. Im afraid if I get some new exhaust I might not like it or something. I have tried to listen to the clips online, but they dont do it.

So far the one im interested most is Corsa. Also thinking about adding a X Pipe but I dont know how much better my car is gonna sound with the 2, or just the mufflers. Any advice over all? I have been reading this and I like what I read, but I dont know if its all true. Anyone have Corsa or know much. I thought about magnaflow and and flowmaster and borla, but I didnt want a riced out sound or drone. Let me know what you think. I know this is a very open topic, haha! Thanks again!
I like Corsa too. Only problem is sound is distorted when it's digitalized. I wish I could hear one in person. I want to pose another question for you guys... Besides maybe adding some increased flow and improved sound, if you were adding a supercharger, would a new exhaust system be needed to handle the increase in power, or does it not matter if you keep stock?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the corsa System just the axle back mufflers and I love em . They sound great no drone at all . Had Flowmasters and got rid of them after 1 week. To much drone. Go to www.corsaperf.com For a sound clip

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
franksgt said:
I have the corsa System just the axle back mufflers and I love em . They sound great no drone at all . Had Flowmasters and got rid of them after 1 week. To much drone. Go to www.corsaperf.com For a sound clip
Is that something you could install yourself easily?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
franksgt said:
Do you work for corsa or do you just really like them because I keep seeing you post good things about them and then linking to their site for a sound clip :laughlitt

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
just checked their site...they went up in price:sosad: . I coulda swore last time I looked at them they were around 640...now they're 740.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In answer to your question , No I do not work for Corsa. I just can't say enough about them. What they say on there web site is so very true. The sound clip is very close to way they sound. I have had them on my GT for 1 year and I love them!!!!. At 70 mph there is no drone like Borla and flowmasters have. Like I said had Flowmasters and pitched them.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
franksgt said:
Yes i installed them my self In about 2hrs. I paid 649.00 last year.
Got any pics of them installed? I don't like the angles they have on the website.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
franksgt said:
In answer to your question , No I do not work for Corsa. I just can't say enough about them. What they say on there web site is so very true. The sound clip is very close to way they sound. I have had them on my GT for 1 year and I love them!!!!. At 70 mph there is no drone like Borla and flowmasters have. Like I said had Flowmasters and pitched them.
Haha ok just checking, because when I did a search for corsa, your name was in like every post relating to it. So there is no drone what so ever? Is the sound much louder form the stock sound of a GT and does it ever sound to much at times? What about the HP and 40% airflow claims corsa makes on their site, notice any of those? Also whats your opinion (or anybody elses) on installing a corsa x-pipe with the corsa mufflers and is it going to make it much louder because I do not want to over do it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
just checked their site...they went up in price:sosad: . I coulda swore last time I looked at them they were around 640...now they're 740.
I'm looking at the Corsas too... repairs on my commuter-car (POS Chevy) have bled me dry, so I'm still waiting to order, but Livernois has them for $585 now. I've got no idea what their shipping costs are like (haven't ordered from them yet) and I hope it doesn't make up for the low price.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product.phtml?p=1098

·
Registered
27 Posts
corsa

I am running corsa axle back mufflers, great sound, quiet on the freeway. paid 650.00 in June 2005. The x pipe was not available at the time i purchased the mufflers.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nikfeedme said:
I am running corsa axle back mufflers, great sound, quiet on the freeway. paid 650.00 in June 2005. The x pipe was not available at the time i purchased the mufflers.
All I keep hearing is good things about corsa! I just dont know if the x pipe is worth it or not. Were you interested in it at the time or were just saying it was available when you got the exhaust? I dont know how much the x pipe amplifies the sound or if it does at all, or helps the airflow.

Thanks again to everyone who has posted the great info so far, I lovvvvve this forum! Keep up the good posts, haha :worship

·
Registered
19 Posts
They can be quiet when you want them to , and loud when you want. Depending on how you throttle up. Like I said the web site clip is pretty close. There just right I don't like real loud , because I'm 59 .

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
franksgt said:
They can be quiet when you want them to , and loud when you want. Depending on how you throttle up. Like I said the web site clip is pretty close. There just right I don't like real loud , because I'm 59 .
Sounds perfect, I like them loud sometimes around town when I want to show off! But I wouldnt be able to stand a constant loud annoying sound. Is that what the flowmasters where for you when you installed them, just too loud?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
franksgt said:
Yes.!!!! they had a constant droan.
]

Ugh! I am so glad I did my research first because all of my friends told me how great magnaflows are but I don't think anyone of them actually heard them on a mustang before!! Now i just gotta decide on getting the corsa with X-pipe or no x-pipe. Oh yeah, and did you notice and hp or airflow changes with your new corsa? I know alot of that HP increase is bs, but could you notice any changes from just normal driving?

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you are near a Roush dealer, listen to one...the Roush exhaist is a Magnaflow axle-back.

I have no complaints.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts