Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how much the pi swap cost for those that did it...and if it was with stock cams or what stuff did you add like new throttle body or cams...etc. thanks i'm just trying to figure out how much it will cost me.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I am doing the PI Swap in September ( I hope) I got my PI heads off ebay for $175 I got the PI intake manifold from American Muscle for $189, I got my comp cam stage 1 camshafts for $529(they were on special at American Muscle), I got some BBK headers for $299 however I do not recommend BBK headers I am selling my headers for long tube headers. I also got new coil packs for $99 from my local auto part store. I also got spark plugs and spark plug wires for $130. That is around $1421 so far and I still need a new alternator and a 75mm throttle body. plus the installation is $760 so it is around $1700. Hope this helps

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am planning a PI swap (intake, maybe cams, but less the heads) hopefully this summer. I picked up a used intake with aluminum crossover for $100, I have been offered PI cams+sprockets for as low as $40 locally and modularheadshop.com has them for $50 plus shipping (probably the sure bet), I'm looking to modify my alternator bracket and do the swap myself. So I'm hoping to do this for around $200 and see a small gain over my basic NPI car. However, still needing intake gaskets and maybe a front seal - my budget is tight.

It seems the intake and cams are a decent gain, no plan to do the heads for 1) the extra work and 2) the compression bump. But that's just me.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i have just finished doing the complet PI SWAP here is a breakdown of what i paid, $300 for heads/cam/intake $119 complete intake gasket kit for pi swap including alt. bracket, coolant nipple and tube $109 complete head gasket kit with head bolts and new oil dipstick tube. $84 for valve cover and timing cover gaskets $12 new 180* t-stat $ 110 plugs and wires $472 new mac longtubes and offroad prochamber, $1500 for install and SCT X3 handheld plus cutom dyno tune i'm sure i forgot a few things in the list here all together it cost me roughly $3000 for 278rwhp/295rwtq now its like a totally different car.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
144 Posts
I did a complete motor swap with a 04 PI motor with 29k miles on it. I got to hear the motor run and do a compression test before it came out of the car(04 GT vert that was rearended, pretty bad.) I paid $650 for the motor and had a guy in town I know install it for $400. After using a handheld tuner I had to flash it I put it on the dyno and made 255/292, I think thats a good deal to make 40+hp over my npi motor and now i have a low milelage motor that will run for along time to come for $1050. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have just finished doing the complet PI SWAP here is a breakdown of what i paid, $300 for heads/cam/intake $119 complete intake gasket kit for pi swap including alt. bracket, coolant nipple and tube $109 complete head gasket kit with head bolts and new oil dipstick tube. $84 for valve cover and timing cover gaskets $12 new 180* t-stat $ 110 plugs and wires $472 new mac longtubes and offroad prochamber, $1500 for install and SCT X3 handheld plus cutom dyno tune i'm sure i forgot a few things in the list here all together it cost me roughly $3000 for 278rwhp/295rwtq now its like a totally different car.:bigthumbsup

you are still running stock pi cams, and throttle/pedulum setup?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know this is going to cost quite abit more.... but i was wondering if anyone has ever done the pi swap with fox lake heaps or another kinda stage 2 head??

·
Registered
207 Posts
you are still running stock pi cams, and throttle/pedulum setup?
yes i am running the stock pi cams,i did want to do stage 2 cams i just couldn't justify the $ per hp gain and risking the ptv issue.
no i am not running a stock throttle body/plenum i have a 75mm trickflow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.