Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Its been done before if you were to do this it would be best to buy a donor car so you can take the motor trans and computer and it should be good

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Change the fuel system and fuel lines to accommodate the high fuel pressure (your stock pump and lines won't handle it), put in the wiring harness, find a place to hide the computer, and swap everything in. Been done many times.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet, does anyone know of any 1989 to 1993 cars for sale. That could be used for a donor car.(in the Louisiana/ Mississippi area.) Also how much time would be involved in this under taking of switching to fuel injected?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Start with Craigslist man, you will be surprised how many there really are on there!

·
Registered
831 Posts
With you in the Gulf region, be very careful about flood cars. I am not in your situation, but I'd buy from outside the region just to avoid the smooth talkers that want to get rid of their flood car. Is this cynical? Perhaps.

Maybe enough time has passed that this is not a large concern. Time does fly.

Before you dismantle the donor car, take MANY pics of how it is put together. As you remove the harness, put labels on each plug stating what it is and where in the engine bay it was. I wasted a lot of time figuring out what would have been easily answered with a pic.

Resist the urge to cut up the harness until you have the engine running. Sometimes a non-vital component is in series with a vital component and removing one kills the other too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was reading a magazine about a month ago and they had an ad for Fuel Air Spark Technology. Here's the link:

Fuel Air Spark Technology - Leader In Electronic Fuel Injection

If you look around, you can find the EZ Tune or something like that. The description says it can turn any carburetored engine into a fuel injected engine with little to no computer tuning experience. It's about $1800 dollars for the basic kit. It's currently what I'm saving up for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts