Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have said in previous threads, my car has basically no low end torque in 1st gear until it hits around 3100 rpm then it'll jump and go. I can barely get the tires to spin in the rain. It's very slow off the line. The cable from the throttle body to the tranny was not able to stay on the bracket cause the plastic clip was broken. So I replaced it thinking that was it. Nope. The only thing I can think of is the tranny. What do you think.:headscratch: I had a 90 I think for my first mustang years ago and it was faster than this and all I did was put a CAI on it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
well you've said in your previous threads that your rich on fuel if thats the case then you will have no torque because your pumping all that fuel in there with no air to ignite it once you get to higher rpms it gets more air in there and balances out.

you should just do a turbo swap save you money i bought my TC for $350 and it has a great engine.:bigthumbsup:gringreen:laugh::D

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'll do that. Until then though.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was actually the crank senor. And now I can drive it with the a/c on.:gringreen Runs like a new car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.