Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Could someone give me some adivce???

2K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  jasons99gt 
#1 ·
I was wondering if you guys could check out my gallery and let me know if the black cobra rims look good or would my car look better with chrome or aluminum rims? :thumbsup

#2 ·
I'm not too keen on the black wheels on a dark colored car. It just looks too monochromatic. Polished steel or aluminum would looks awesome on your car.

#3 ·
i like the black on black look. Just not too sure about the rims themselves.

#5 ·
I think it looks horrible! But I have only seen probably two cars I thought looked ok with black wheels. Chrome cobra R's would look a hundred times better. Everybody likes different things but I dont know how anybody likes black wheels better then chrome/aluminum wheels.

#8 ·
Still dont think it worked for even that car.

#9 ·
Black bullitts have to be used on a dark colored car. On my black GT, I am having everything dark which just sets it off. If your car is black or a dark color, but you aren't really going for the dark look per se, chrome rims would work, but black bullitts would be the best. I don't really like your rims themselves, but that is just my opinion.

#10 ·
Agree...Go with some Chrome, Aluminum or something. I promise that it will make your car look nicer, and more expensive. The black rims are more like a " i have a honda civic and i want rims so i'm going to paint mine black" look.

#11 ·
chrome rims on black cars gives me a boner

#14 ·
Well One thing you have to consider is upkeep. With crome if you dont maintain them well they tend to look dull. And one little chip is all it takes before the damn thing start bubbling. It kinda depends on which rims your going with. For cobra still rims I agree that crome or polished looks better. But have you considered bulllit rims 18x9s in front and 18x10 deep dishes in the back. Those look great when they're black. Try looking on www.mustangtuning.com and look at the customer rides. There are many stangs with differnt rims and colors.

#15 ·
I think brushed alum rims look best on a black, or dark colored car.

The black on black is too much.

#16 ·
I'm in the minority, because I love your car. After 3 years of 18in chrome 5 spokes, I'm ready for the switch. Black is the new chrome here in columbus,oh.

I would love to find a set of rims just like yours in 18 by 9.5s. Your car is just sinister looking, man. I dig that.

Also, I can't wait to feel how much quicker my car will feel with lighter weight rims.

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.