Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is your new Mustang a coupe or a convertible? And why?

Looks, winter driving, etc...

·
Registered
150 Posts
coupe!! Just luv coupes...and hate convertibles. I dont like the material of the convertibles. And i dont like the way it makes it look. :handball:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Coupe; the quarter window makes the whole car, and I think it just looks better, more of the fast-back look. I'll be storing mine for the winter (only a couple months left):sosad: too much salt put on the roads in the winter up here in Canada.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toronto Salt Usage Facts

Toronto Salt usage facts:

• 5,100km of roads
  • 8,200km of sidewalks
  • 500 bridges
  • 200 salt trucks
  • City typically uses 130,000 - 150,000 tonnes of salt annually
  • City budgets for 14,000 tonnes of sand annually
  • City receives approximately 130cm of snow annually
  • Employees involved in snow clearing and removal operations (1,000 City staff, 900 contractors)
Pretty scary indeed, and I'm only in Toronto. Other cities are colder.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mine's a coupe. I feel safer, like the look and in Florida the vert tops have a life span of about 5 yrs before replacing.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Convertible! Even though the winter here in Kansas is TOO LONG...the top down in the spring, summer and fall makes it all worth it. :winks

·
Registered
829 Posts
I think where the purchase is made has a lot to do with the type. The regions of the country that are nice year round would have a lot more "reason" to get a convertible. The "looks" take a second place to the "use" I think. I think you already know a bit from the color of your question.

Do you have a Mustang? What part of the country do you live in? Would that dictate your choice?

I hope this doesn't turn in to a war of words over the "best" model. The coupe and convertibile look different BUT they both are the best car out there given their competition with the other auto manufacturers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Coupe. I just prefer the looks on this car... I think the convertible looks great top-down but just doesn't do it for me with it up. That and it's my rear-round car and I live just outside of Toronto.

Of course, the above factors really didn't come into play too much, it was a stretch just to get this (GT, IUP, ICAP)... the extra $$$ for the 'vert just wasn't gonna work for me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Got my first GT vert in 94. Wife got a 98 GT Vert. Just got my 06 GT vert, and I love it's looks, as well as the looks it gets from everyone else.

Just depends on what fit's you. My car's only for play, so I'll keep her in the garage during the winter (occasional zaino applications on the warmer days).

My brother just ordered an 06 GT coupe cause he likes the lines and the fastback look. Bottom, line... it's a pony and no one on here's gonna fault you on that!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Coupe or Vert

That is the reason I bought a 04. I didn't need the retro look I already have a 69 hot rod. I wanted a Drop Top Toy to enjoy good milage and fun in the sun. Serious street work is done in the 69 War Horse.

Jess

·
Registered
18 Posts
Vert...and it's my only car up here in Minnesota. Lots of us knuckleheads up here drive verts year round. :winks I was gonna get a new motorcycle but my car kinda crapped out and the vert was a nice compromise. I'll let you know in the Spring how winter went.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Being in Dallas it actually gets too hot to have the top down in the summer, but at night its great. I have always owned convertibles, my last 2 were jeep wranglers. this will be my first Mustang, the reason I went from Wrangler to GT Vert was the ability to be able to put the top up and down quickly and not get filthy doing it....the wrangler I would leave the top off from april till november and just deal with it.....Damn, I hope my car gets in soon ! :tongue

·
Registered
259 Posts
06TUNGVERTGT said:
Being in Dallas it actually gets too hot to have the top down in the summer, but at night its great. I have always owned convertibles, my last 2 were jeep wranglers. this will be my first Mustang, the reason I went from Wrangler to GT Vert was the ability to be able to put the top up and down quickly and not get filthy doing it....the wrangler I would leave the top off from april till november and just deal with it.....Damn, I hope my car gets in soon ! :tongue
took delivery of my 06 vert last week. you will love the color combo you picked!! i live in chicago and this is my first vert, figured i won't drive it in the winter anyway why not go with the vert

·
Registered
19 Posts
Vert. Only way I would have one. The interior is so small compared to my Expedition. After driving the car for a few days, I'll drive the Expedition and I feel like I am sitting on top of a step ladder going down the road!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Coupe- because it 'looks like a fastback'. That roofline was love at first sight for this 69 fastback fan...intend to fill my quarter windows if funds permit(see gallery pic).

fastback. 5 speed. 300hp. Swore I'd buy a restored classic before I ever blew 'new car' cost again, but this car is too good to pass up- even when you think of the 'money thrown away' that is depreciation... Just wish ford would have made the quarter glass optional, and produced a high quality set of rear slats...that would be perfect to me.

One thing for sure, years down the road I wount be sick of the value after its paid off- the car has classic lines, and will still look good in 20 or 200 years, and surely will rebound in value a bit in far fewer years than most cars(some never go back up at all) unlike the wifes equally expensive windstar that is now worth maybe 10-15% of what we paid for it...

As long as theres gas, there will be a want for the 05/06 mustang- coupe or convertible. I tend to keep cars forever, this one hopefully will last and my grandkids will think its cool someday too(my oldest son is only 9 BTW...) Classics never get old.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Vert.. Its our play car so why not have a vert? If the weathers not nice I take a different vehicle. I dont see how it looses the retro look being a vert. They have had verts since the beginning of mustangs.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Coupe de grace...I get big woodies when I drive this sweet machine and it would be embarrassing for me and others if I didn't have a hood...:laughlitt

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.