Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first, whos bought it? who loved it? what did you use in conjuction with it and what kind of numbers did you see? i think this kit seems like an alright deal. what do you guys think. i am planning on buying it, and i saw that on their little test they ran a 306 with a 9:5:1 compression, 70mm throttle and 24# injectors. i want to use the intake bore to its full extent and run a 75mm throttle, but im thinkin 24# injectors will still be fine correct? and also, i will not be doin any bottom end if i dont have to. is my 22 year old 302 gonna hold up to this? i mean, is stock compression ok for this as long as i keep it N/A?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Before you bolt it onto the stock short block, do a quick cylinder leakdown test, or have it done... this will tell you if the cylinders are still capable of holding pretty good pressure.

I have the heads, cam, and intake, with an assortment of parts from other makers. I have a 75mm throttle body, 76mm MAF, and 30lb injectors. 24's would be fine, but I'm probably gonna throw a little boost at it.

I'm gonna get mine on the dyno within the next month or so.
I do get 30+ mpg on the highway.

·
Registered
277 Posts
mines at the shop being installed right now! should be done in a couple days and i cant wait. i went with the kit plus 70 mm accufab tb, 76 mm bbk maf, 24# inj, and an electric fan. iv seen a ton of similar set ups with different variations of numbers do to tune, conditions, mileage, dyno, etc. but iv never seen that set up with less than 300rwhp.

·
Registered
511 Posts
i thought it was alright for the 2k miles i put on it. i went with 24lb injectors and a 75mm throttle body/egr housing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
first, whos bought it? who loved it? what did you use in conjuction with it and what kind of numbers did you see? i think this kit seems like an alright deal. what do you guys think. i am planning on buying it, and i saw that on their little test they ran a 306 with a 9:5:1 compression, 70mm throttle and 24# injectors. i want to use the intake bore to its full extent and run a 75mm throttle, but im thinkin 24# injectors will still be fine correct? and also, i will not be doin any bottom end if i dont have to. is my 22 year old 302 gonna hold up to this? i mean, is stock compression ok for this as long as i keep it N/A?

On on short block that old I would suggest doing a leak down and compression test before ripping it apart. If the short block is tight it will hold the upgrade. The 75mm throttle body is fine with the 24 lb injectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts